Broken top link

/ Broken top link
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

If the body threads are not damaged... you can buy a "replacement end" at any farm supply store for ~ $5-9.These are fairly inexpensive units... a complete Cat I unit runs about $15.-17...

<hr></blockquote>

Unfortunately, There are no farm supply stores around here. (N. Central NH) I have to go to my dealer and pay very high prices, $25 for my complete Cat I unit. ($125 for a Bota unit) 9 times out of 10, what I want is not in stock and has to be ordered. Then what is ordered is usually the wrong item./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gifIf I don't need it NOW, I will order from a catalog or on line. Does anyone know of a farm/tractor supply store on line where I might get a new end for the link? I am going to try cutting the one I have for a spare. I am definitely in the "Waste not, Want not "/ clean plate club/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gifDavid

/ Broken top link #12  
You gotta be kidding, $125 for that piece of junk. I had a bend in mine after the first day of normal use.I found a much beefier replacement at a local Masey dealer for about 20 bucks,of course I had to endure the abuse from the smart-[censored] Masey counter guys. They said they use Kubota top links for screen door turn buckels

/ Broken top link #13  
I find the jam nut to be useless anyway. I eventually got tired of the top link vibrating loose--I took a hammer and gave the threads a few medium-hard whacks up one side of one end of the link. Just enough to put a very slight flat spot on one side of the threads--it doesn't vibrate loose anymore and I don't have to mess with the jam nut. It takes slightly more force to turn it, but I can still do it by hand.

The one before my current modified version vibrated apart during a long day of mowing fields and I lost the center section.

I must say that when I saw the top link that came with my Kubota L4610, I was a little disappointed--not much to it when you compare it with other parts of the 3 pt.

-Chris

/ Broken top link #14  
$ 125 for a top link !!
Sure hope Kubota's parts aren't all priced that ridiculous.

/ Broken top link #15  
I had put hydraulic Top 'N Tilt on my '99 B2710 and when I sold it, I forgot to give the buyer the OEM top link and non-adjustable side link, so I've still got them (and don't know where the buyer is or whether he'd even want them). I don't know whether they're the same on the B2910 or not, but if anyone wants them, I'd take $25 plus shipping for both pieces.

/ Broken top link #16  
<font color=blue> found a much beefier replacement at a local Masey dealer...</font color=blue>

Just remember, when you beef up one area, when stress is applied something else will break. I'd rather have a toplink bend/break than something it's connected to. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Broken top link #17  
I agree Mike, but remember I replaced a cat.1 with a cat. 1,not a 2 or 3. My point was that I found a replacement that appeared to be better made and stronger at a fraction of the cost of the O.E.M. I hope my Kubota is not so weak that the factory has to design top links to act as shear pins

/ Broken top link #18  
<font color=blue>I hope my Kubota is not so weak that the factory has to design top links to act as shear pins </font color=blue>

Now that would be a really bad design! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Broken top link #19  
Maybe someone will start selling the top link pins in grade 2 so that they can shear instead of the top link. :)

Don

/ Broken top link #20  
Funny you mention that. A while back, I bent the adjustable lift link on my yanmar, and went down to the NH dealership that I bought my NH 1920 from. I pretty much knew that the adjustable link on a tc18 would fit it. ...They wouldn't sell it to me.... 'sorry.. it's not made for that type of tractor...etc'
So I went down the road to the massey dealership.. bought something close.. had a friend do a little hand fitting on it with a smoke wrench and it worked great.... Gotta love the dealership that helps you even when you don't have a tractor from them... and makes you wonder about the other dealership where you just bought one.. and the counter clerk gives you interference.

Soundguy

<font color=blue>You gotta be kidding, $125 for that piece of junk. I had a bend in mine after the first day of normal use.I found a much beefier replacement at a local Masey dealer for about 20 bucks,of course I had to endure the abuse from the smart-[censored] Masey counter guys. They said they use Kubota top links for screen door turn buckels