Harbor Freight Sawmill - does it exist?

/ Harbor Freight Sawmill - does it exist? #31  
I believe the first Harbor Freight mills were built by Hud-Son, who continues to sell the mill as an Oscar 18 with a 6.5 hp Briggs engine.
A better choice is the Oscar 121 with a 10 hp Briggs, better log dogs, larger
capacity (21" vs 18" diameter logs) and a more stable 4 post mill head. See the mills at Hud-Son Sawmill USA Portable Sawmills.
The HFT mill no longer appears on their website.

/ Harbor Freight Sawmill - does it exist? #32  
I can't imagine that Harbor Freight would ever be able to market a quality HudSon unit at the prices they (HF) retail at. And I doubt that HudSon would give them an opportunity to do so......Just my opinion.....~Scotty

/ Harbor Freight Sawmill - does it exist?
I can't imagine that Harbor Freight would ever be able to market a quality HudSon unit at the prices they (HF) retail at. And I doubt that HudSon would give them an opportunity to do so......Just my opinion.....~Scotty
Well everyone has an opinion.

But according to Hud-Son they did back in '09 and '10
Well I called the number on the manual, got thru to Hud-Son Forestry, I was told it's made in New York and to stop by and they could demo one.
Looks like it's not cheap chinese junk.

/ Harbor Freight Sawmill - does it exist? #34  
newbury- I never mind being corrected!:) Just that I wonder what kind of 'mark-up' that HudSon has on their products that they could wholesale to HF, let HF take a cut, and still market them in a 'flyer' in the "HF" pricing window. ~Scotty

/ Harbor Freight Sawmill - does it exist? #35  
newbury- I never mind being corrected!:) Just that I wonder what kind of 'mark-up' that HudSon has on their products that they could wholesale to HF, let HF take a cut, and still market them in a 'flyer' in the "HF" pricing window. ~Scotty

There was a large price increase in 2009 due to steel price increases. So HFT
could have advertised the mill at the older lower prices. Evidently when their
stock was exhaused, they dropped the mill. Steel prices are on the rise again, so look for more price increases on equipment.

/ Harbor Freight Sawmill - does it exist? #36  
Harbor Freight did at one time sell more than one sawmill but now only sell one i.e. SKU 37138. I doubt this sawmill is made by Hudson as the 121 weighs approx. 435 lbs. whereas the Harbor Freight sawmill weighs approx. 668 lbs. The Harbor Freight sawmill also uses metric bolts. A manual for this sawmill can be downloaded from the Harbor Freight web site.

I am considering the purchase of the Harbor Freight sawmill because of price but have many questions like how easy is it to raise/lower the head? and how do you tension the blade? I also assume this sawmill must be permanently placed because of the angle iron rails even if they are 5/16". The motor HP is low but as a hobby sawmill, I can take my time. I have a Robins engine on my Harbor Freight log splitter and have been very pleased.

/ Harbor Freight Sawmill - does it exist? #37  
Hud-son now has an HFE-21 sawmill for $2500. It is powered by a 6.5hp B/S
engine and comes with 12 feet of bolt together track. The head is easily raised/lowered by a manual winch. It will saw 21 inch diameter logs.
Hud-Son.com

/ Harbor Freight Sawmill - does it exist? #38  
Hud-son now has an HFE-21 sawmill for $2500. It is powered by a 6.5hp B/S
engine and comes with 12 feet of bolt together track. The head is easily raised/lowered by a manual winch. It will saw 21 inch diameter logs.
Hud-Son Sawmill USA Portable Sawmills

/ Harbor Freight Sawmill - does it exist? #39  
Interesting thread.

Been reading HF catalogs and online for years, never ever knew they sell, or sold, or still sell, sawmills!

--->Paul