TSC Sale items

/ TSC Sale items #1  

dieselsmoke1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810HST
TSC has a sale going on now on a few items. The stuff I picked up today is cheap no doubt, but all seem to work. For the occasional user probably will be fine.

1/2" CH Impact Wrench $15
CH Pnenumatic grease gun $15
22 pc combination metric sae wrench set $15

Had a $5 coupon so out the door for $40 plus tax.

/ TSC Sale items #2  
Got the C/H grease gun & impact last year when they went on sale, both are still working fine. I'm only a weekend user, though.

/ TSC Sale items #3  
Not bad values, but Harbor Freight has a twin hammer 1/2 impact they put on sale every now and then for 40. If you need something a lot stronger, the thing puts out up to 600 lbs of torque with enough air. Been using mine now for 3 years, still works great.

/ TSC Sale items #4  
They also have Chevron Delo 400 15W-40 for $10/gallon.

/ TSC Sale items #5  
I've had a couple cheapo impacts before and that is one tool that you might as well spend the money for a good one or you'll be cussing when it won't even loosen lug nuts
I use a $200 Ingersolrand impact and it is money well spent.
Don't go by the 90 psi max on these either, I run mine at 150 psi. Also it will have more power with 1/2" hose and the big fittings.
Finally for best performance use the shortest extension/socket combo you can (perferably impact rated) the flex and "slop" you get with long extensions or multiple joints will take away from the "hammer" action and lessen the torque at the bolt.

/ TSC Sale items #6  
I've been looking at those large guns with 3/4 and 1" drive on them.. bet I could bust some nuts loose with that big boy...

soundguy

/ TSC Sale items #7  
Don't go by the 90 psi max on these either, I run mine at 150 psi. Also it will have more power with 1/2" hose and the big fittings.

I'm happy to say lots of mechanics run theirs at 150 to 175 psi, which was very good for my business when I was repairing/rebuilding air tools.:D It gives the tool more power and it causes parts to wear faster and sometimes break which made money for me.:D

Of course, many of the mechanics knew what they were doing and just considered it part of the cost of doing business. If it lets you break things loose that 90 psi might not, or if it lets you work faster, it may well be worth the cost of any repairs.

/ TSC Sale items #8  
They also have Chevron Delo 400 15W-40 for $10/gallon.
... and the 2.5 gallon jug of their house brand 15W-40 diesel oil @ $14.99. It's on closeout and only about a pallet of the 2.5 gallon containers remain at the store I drive past. (Dixon, off I-80). The gallon containers sold out already.

TSC's Traveller lubricants are bottled by Warren Distribution, probably the same stuff as from Walmart and Autozone.

I couldn't pass this up, I bought five gallons yesterday for my two tractors.

This stuff, and I presume the Delo, are on closeout because they can't be used in 2007 or later diesels which have catalytic converters.