front end loader/front end of tractor

/ front end loader/front end of tractor #1  

chevyman003

my proplem is,that my kubota split apart on the front end,where the loader is braced to the front of the tractor,and cracked a corner of the block and pull three bolts from the engine block,wondering when i get this proplem fixed,has anyone else that had the same proplem that i have occured ? p.s. is there a way to reinforce the loader toward the rear of the tractor so this kind of proplem does not occured again !!!!! L225DT4x4

/ front end loader/front end of tractor #2  
Wow! Darn the luck for you ChevyMan

If you have a properly built and installed subframe for your tractor you shouldn't have this problem. A good subframe will "cradle" the tractor such that any excessive stress will just move the tractor around rather than break something.

I'm interested to hear how you plan on fixing the cracked block and stripped bolts.

/ front end loader/front end of tractor #3  
I made lateral braces for my loader that go from the Bell Housing mounts to the rear axle to prevent the know problem of Bell Housing cracks. You may look at doing something similar.

Chris

/ front end loader/front end of tractor #4  
a great amount of the lift weight is transfered through the
sub frame distributing it from the middle to the front, although when the bucket is loaded I believe that weight sits on the bumper
Cut tractors have no real frame to work from, a FEL is simply bolted to the mid mount area and then to the front bumper, I wasn't going
to take a risk with what has happen with your tractor, this small amount of work might had made the difference in not breaking, my concern was more of the tractor breaking away at where the trans. bolts to the engine block and the rear bolting to the trans, so I reinforced all 3 together by using the 2x2 angle iron running from the front bumper all the way to the rear axle, and ran 2 cross members in between and points of locating bolt pattern under the tractor, here are a couple of pix what I done,
I'm glad you brought this up becasue when I took the pictures just now I found a bolt had backed out, I knew I should have went back and checked them,:rolleyes:

Last edited:
   / front end loader/front end of tractor #5  
There are makes with a lot of issues in this area but that is one of the reasons I like the Kubota tractors. I can't think of any model with the kubota loader that had problems but with after market loaders there have been some issues.

We do see from time to time where the mounting bolts might loosen and this would normally be the main cause of this type of damage.

/ front end loader/front end of tractor #6  
Did the OP say that it was not a Kubota FEL ?

Art. Are you saying you like the Kubota tractors because they break corners off the block and have three bolts pull out of the block?

Maybe not ???

/ front end loader/front end of tractor #7  
I would sure like some pictures of this. Or at least the tractor loader model or something a little more specific. I dont think I have heard much on this being a problem. Of course, the loose bolts can create a problem- they did for me on a large Farmall tractor with farmhand loader. I sure wish I would have paid more attention. After I fixed the loader, I went ahead and welded the connection so I wouldnt miss it a second time.

/ front end loader/front end of tractor #8  
Did the OP say that it was not a Kubota FEL ?

Art. Are you saying you like the Kubota tractors because they break corners off the block and have three bolts pull out of the block?

Maybe not ???

Not all!!!!!!!! The Kubota loaders are designed by Kubota as well as the tractors! This means that the loaders are built for a particular tractor not for just the size of many with compromises.

We have not seen the issues that are under disscussion here with the Kubotas. We do have another make tractor in our shop that was purchased from another dealer with a loader that is to big for it and we are resizing his equipment to stop front end wear issues.