John Deere 730 LP conversion to Gasoline

/ John Deere 730 LP conversion to Gasoline #1  

Deck III

A friend of mine has several old LP 730 tractors and is wanting to convert one to gasoline. I was just wondering what all is required. I am not a professional by any means and was hoping to recieve a little help from this forum. My thinking is that a fuel tank, carburetor, settlement bowl, and throttle adjustment would handle most of the project any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ John Deere 730 LP conversion to Gasoline #2  
Possible intake manifold. Propane doesn't require a vertical carberator mount.

/ John Deere 730 LP conversion to Gasoline #3  
I can't say for certain about the two cylinder tractors but I came close to purchasing a 4020 tractor that had been converted from LP to gasoline. The compression ratio is higher on the LP tractor as they use different pistons. My dealer had a concern about using regular fuel and thought I would need to use premium to avoid detonation. I never bought the tractor.

It may not be an issue with the 730 and even if it is you probably aren't putting a lot of hours on the tractor where a few extra cents for premium fuel would be a problem. The 4020 gasoline tractors were quite thirsty so I was reluctant to spend the extra for premium fuel.