Kubota B7200 hydraulic Pump Rebuild

/ Kubota B7200 hydraulic Pump Rebuild #1  

GE222

Gold Member
Has anyone ever rebuilt a hydraulic pump on a Kubota B7200 with a geared transmission. Thought I would ask. I have yet to do much research, as I am only near the tractor about once a month.

It is all I can do to get the 3-point arms to raise, on a warm day. The arms won't raise at idle, but will very very slowly at a higher engine RPM. Once up, the valving will hold a load just fine. The suction line screen has been cleaned, and the fluid has been changed with new Kubota trans fluid ($$). No, I don't have a pressure test gauge, yet.:confused:

/ Kubota B7200 hydraulic Pump Rebuild #2  
The only parts available for the pump from Kubota are the o rings and seals in the pump, if the gears or pump wall is worn a replacement pump will be needed.
When the screen was clened was there contaminates in the filter?

/ Kubota B7200 hydraulic Pump Rebuild
I cleaned it last summer. I did remember some small metal particles, which didn't surprise me too much. The quantity was such that I probably had reduced flow, but not completely plugged.

As I recall the pump seemed to be easily accessible.

/ Kubota B7200 hydraulic Pump Rebuild #4  
Try leaving the suction strainer out and see what happens. My brother has an Allis-Chalmers 5040 with the same exact symptoms. Suction strainer looked fine. Cleaned it, no help. Ruled out everything else, then finally left the strainer out and everything worked great. Installed a new strainer, no problems.

/ Kubota B7200 hydraulic Pump Rebuild
That sound like a good idea to try. The drawback is loosing fluid. I don't like to drain fluid and re-use it. Tipping the tractor helps not to loose so much. The fluid is new; however, I suppose I could filter it prior to re-using it. If I get a chance, I will try go buy some this weekend.