welder comparision?please

/ welder comparision?please #1  

chopped

Veteran Member
   / welder comparision?please #2  
Any thoughts on these welders?I see the Lincoln has a shorter cables And what about the way the Hobalt is infinitely adjustable?

Browser Level Verification Home Depot cost 425 dollars

FREE SHIPPING — Hobart Stickmate AC/DC Welder — LX235 230 Volt, 235 Amp, Model# 500421 | Arc Welders | Northern Tool + Equipment Northern cost 469 dollars.

Any feed back is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I looked at the same 2 welders and chose the Hobart for the higher DC amp rating. I have had it for a year and I have been satisfied with it thus far.

/ welder comparision?please #3  
I looked at the same 2 welders and chose the Hobart for the higher DC amp rating. I have had it for a year and I have been satisfied with it thus far.

Hobart or Miller...Both nice machines...I'm partial to Miller though.

/ welder comparision?please #4  
Any thoughts on these welders?I see the Lincoln has a shorter cables

Don't let cable length be the deciding factor as you can buy and use pretty much any length and gauge that you want after you buy the machine. I've had and still have Lincoln, Miller, and many other name brands. I do advise spending a little more and getting a machine that has DC even though I used AC for many years since I went to welding school back in the 50s. The following place has a great selection of machines and I bought my last Lincoln AC/DC Stick Welder and a Lincoln SP135 Plus MIG Welder and different length cables from them. See:

Harris Welding Supplies

Good luck to you,
Jim

/ welder comparision?please #5  
I don't know if you are hot to buy a new welder right away, but I've seen the Lincoln AC/DC welders for as little as $50 on Craigslist, usually owned by hobbyists that use them a little and store them a lot. Needless to say, you need to watch CL to find them, but they come up for sale fairly frequently.

/ welder comparision?please #6  

I have the Hobart LX. Use it a lot. Mostly DC+ with 7014, 7018 and 7024 rods. It works fine.

/ welder comparision?please #7  
I bought that Lincoln used off Craigs List a few months ago. I've used it on a few projects, and I like it. It's the first DC stick I've had, and I like the quality of the arc.

I've never used the Hobart to compare it, but the Lincoln does a good job. I am on the prowl for some longer leads for it. My old AC only had long leads and I do miss them.

/ welder comparision?please #8  
I am on the prowl for some longer leads for it. My old AC only had long leads and I do miss them.

I bought 100' of 1/0 Welding Cable from Harris Welding Supply and made custom lengths. You can always clamp different lengths of cable together to get a job done. Make sure that you insulate the cable where you clamp them together!

I use Harris because of their fast shipping, product availability, and free shipping. Shopping around I'm sure you can find better prices.

Good luck,
Jim

/ welder comparision?please #9  
I bought that Lincoln used off Craigs List a few months ago. I've used it on a few projects, and I like it. It's the first DC stick I've had, and I like the quality of the arc.

I've never used the Hobart to compare it, but the Lincoln does a good job. I am on the prowl for some longer leads for it. My old AC only had long leads and I do miss them.

If you have a good scrap yard, it might pay to check in their copper bin. I've bought a lot of new heavy gauge wire there for pennies on the dollar of retail.

/ welder comparision?please #10  
If you keep looking, you can probably find one of the Lincoln AC/DC stick welders used. There seem to be plenty of them. Either brand would be okay.