4320 John Deere Radio Install

/ 4320 John Deere Radio Install #1  

1speedy77

I just purchased a 2009 JD 4320 tractor with cab,but it did not come with a radio already install .Is it very hard to install one?Also tell me all the parts needed.Does the wiring already exist in the cab?

/ 4320 John Deere Radio Install #2  
Maybe you should check with a dealer?? They could tell you what you need- you prolly need a stereo and speaker kit with some wire for starters. Maybe the dealer has a kit??

/ 4320 John Deere Radio Install
Does anybody know if the speakers and wiring already exist and all I have to get is a radio.

/ 4320 John Deere Radio Install #4  
Can you see any speakers in the cab?

No,Do not see any.

/ 4320 John Deere Radio Install #6  
In the 3000 series I know the deluxe cab comes pre-wired but the radio AND speakers must be field installed. So if you have no radio then it is not likely you have speakers.

Has anyone ever installed a radio in their cab?Is it alot of work?

/ 4320 John Deere Radio Install #8  
I would post a question in the Deere forum. Also search the site for radio install. I know some of the guys have installed radios.

/ 4320 John Deere Radio Install #9  
My kubota came with a hole in the cab ceiling to take a radio and there is a connector there to connect power and speakers. Stereo speakers were pre-installed (well the speaker grills are there), I have never pried one off to see if the speakers are there. Adding a radio would be dead simple.

Installing a radio from scratch would not be much of a challenge but you do need to consider weather proofing issues if you don't have a cab.

Pat

/ 4320 John Deere Radio Install #10  
Welcome 1Speedy:

I suggest you go to your Deere dealership's service department and ask if they'll make a copy of the radio/speaker kit's installation instructions. Then take them home and study them to see if you can do it. If the dealer won't do that for you, it may be an indication of how they operate and treat their customers after the sale.

I did that with the hydraulic kits I eventually installed. Reading the instructions before hand gave me the confidence to do the job myself.

Unfortunately kit installation instructions are not online to the general public; but are to the dealer's service department. Check out www.jdparts.com to find the radio/speaker kit for your rig. Kits/whole goods are sold via the dealership's sales department, not parts.