Default Connecting rod bearing for kohler cv15s?

I have a JD LT 155 I got for free, and it only needs a connecting rod bearing. The annoying thing is that I can find a connecting rod for it, but cannot find just the bearing. The rod part number is 12 067 05-S and the diagrams don't show a bearing, but I don't want to spend $60 for a new rod if I don't have to. Any help is appreciated.

Travis

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Two Gravely Two L One with 10 h.p Dek-Diesel engine one Grillo 107d and one BCS 735 diesel

Default Re: Connecting rod bearing for kohler cv15s?

Hi! On Kohler engine often Connecting rod has no insert bearing. So they are undersize .010 connecting rod. Take measurement before order new connecting rod. Good luck ! Oldmech

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE

Yup it probably dosen't use rod bearings. If you get a .010 under rod for it you'll have to have the crank turned too.
    “History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.” Douglas MacArthur
    "The obligation of every human being to God, is higher than his duty to country, and not even a majority in society has the legitimate right to interfere with a man's allegiance to him."James Madison

Tractor
    in-between tractors

check the crank journal for out of roundness as well for size. Wear is not usually all that even.

I think I will just get a regular rod then and see what happens this summer. There was almost no scoring on the crankshaft, and my father in law said it looked good. Thanks for the information though! Glad to know I'm not missing something!