Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    JOHN DEERE - L120

Default Re: TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures

HI , JOBOB JUST GOT MY L120 BACK TOGETHER WITH ALL NEW PARTS . EVERYTHING WORKS FINE '' EXCEPT '' I DON'T HAVE ANY FREEWHEELING WHEN THE ROD IS ALL THE WAY IN IT WORKS FINE AND WHEN IT IS PULLED OUT IT STILL WORKS FINE IT DOESN'T FREE WHEEL WHEN THE ROD IS PULLED OUT. COULD THAT SMALL PIN HAVE FALLEN OUTOF PLACE ? IF SO WILL IT HURT ANYTHING ? THANKS jay516red i,am also new at this.

Tractor
    craftsman lt1000, scotts/johndeer

Well I ordered the parts last saturday and they arrived wednesday with the normal shipping. I plan on doing the parts replacement over the long holiday weekend.
    Does anyone have any advice?

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE - L120

HI DENVER, I GATHERED UP MOST OF THE INFORMATION THAT '' LOTS OF GREEN GRASS '' PUT OUT AND HE HAS PICTURES THAT REALLY HELPED. I JUST FINISHED PUTTING IT ALL BACK TOGETHER AND IT WASN,T AS MUCH TROUBLE AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE.BE CAREFUL OF THE TWO IDS SPRING LOADED VALVES #28 ON THE SIDE OF THE CENTER CASE. AND ALSO THE SMALL #25 PIN IT WILL ALSO FALL OUT. USE HEAVY GREASE TO PUT THIS PIN BACK IN BECAUSE IT WILL NOT STAY IN PLACE. BECAUSE MINE WORKS GREAT EXCEPT FOR THE ROD IN BACK THAT PUTS THE MACHINE IN AND OUT OF GEAR MINE STAYS IN GEAR NO FREEWHEELING. I THINK THAT LITTLE PIN #25 FELL OUT. IT IS WORKING SO GOOD THAT I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL TEAR IT BACK DOWN OR NOT JUST TO GET IT TO FREEWHEEL . GOOD LUCK

Tractor

Jay, thanks for the advice, I ordered an extra little pin just in case I lost the one that was in it........

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE 317

TO MD83Z, THAT IS THE NEUTRAL CREEP ADJUSTMENT SCREW. ROTATE SCREW UNTIL TRANSMISSION STOP CREEPING ON NEUTRAL.
    Last edited by EFREN; 05-25-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Tractor
    JD L120

My motor and pump part did not show excessive signs of wear with the exception that the old springs where weaker. The first gear set on the motor did show heavy signs of wear which I believe is the cause of the metal shavings in the filter and magnets. I wish some one would have noticed this before, because I would have ordered new gears. I'm sure they were worn through any surface hardening, let's just hope the synthetic fluid is enough to keep this trans running.

Tractor
    L120

I'm fully disassembled on my L120 K46 AC right now. Seems I should have looked at my white fan, all the blades are gone from it so no cooling for some time. I was able to get another at the local deere dealer for $17 which I think is twice as much as from TT.

I believe my problem was not the pump and motor, but the bearing near the brake rotor was all junked. Like had gravel in the balls making it stick/stop some and just rough all the time.

I was able to get that bearing 6202DU from my Napa dealer for $24 where it's $4 from TT so I would put that on the minimal parts order for the folks going ahead.

Will try to get the assembly back together once I have fewer kids around my ankles.

Tractor

Alright, I changed out the parts on sat, let it sit sunday and filled it up with 5w50 and bolted it back in today. Everything seem to work fine and it was a little faster. It will get a real work out tomarrow.
    I didnt order the center case but wish that I had. Mine had some wear marks on the surface where the motor and pump sit. If it can make it till winter Im going to fix it right. Its a pretty easy task except for removing the old gasket material.

Tractor
    1958 JD 620,JD 410 backhoe,scotts L2548

Thanks EFREN...... That is exactly what I wanted to know....Thanks again....I have run into a problem just changing the oil in that on second opening of the K46AC the final drive gear had scratched aluminum chips off the bottom case. I now need a new center case from the particles. I figure (with the help of Derrick) that the wheels should be removed during a rebuild to allow proper seating of the #73 Axel bushing. The weight of the wheels may have forced the axles up and things may have been out of place....I hope... I will follow up after new parts arrive.

Tractor
    JOHN DEERE - L120

Quote Originally Posted by denver of the east View Post
    Jay, thanks for the advice, I ordered an extra little pin just in case I lost the one that was in it........
    DENVER , I TOOK THE TRANSMISSION BACK DOWN AND PUT THE PIN IN THE LITTLE HOLE IT GOES IN, BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW IF IT WOULD COME BACK TO HAUNT ME. EVERY THING NOW IS WORKING FINE. GLAD I DONE THIS . NOW IT FREEWHEELS . JAY.

Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast