TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #361  
joebob

How about a less cryptic description of what needs to be machined and what is causing the problem. I'm not a schooled mechanic and can't quite understand what you are saying. Your descriptions sound impressive but can you put it in 5th grade language.

Thanks,
Chris

I'm sorry. I replaced the propeller shaft. I put all the parts as shown on the diagram and refilled it with oil, started up and should drive forwards. The tracktor vent reversing. I tried to go revers and the tracktor goes forvards.
Is there any valves in the case that can be installed wrong??

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #362  
I'm sorry. I replaced the propeller shaft. I put all the parts as shown on the diagram and refilled it with oil, started up and should drive forwards. The tracktor vent reversing. I tried to go revers and the tracktor goes forvards.
Is there any valves in the case that can be installed wrong??

See post # 347 thru 350 in this thread - you have the wedge in backwards - it goes in differently depending on your tractor brand/linkage. Also see post 19 for picture of the wedge.

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #363  
Thanks. I looked at the parts diagram for this piece and this part was turned 180 degrees from the pic i #4.
Then i have to do the work again.

Thank you so much for the answer. This wa the only part that i not was shure on. (exept the smale valves at the pump.)

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #364  
Re: TuffTorq K46 / John Deere L110 Transmission Repair Guide with Pictures

I have all the classic symptoms on my Simplicity Baron's K46Q - slows to a standstill when hot - spotted this excellent thread and thought i would have a go at a repair. So being in the uk I contacted the uk importer for TuffTorq and have been quoted £450 ($700 us) for a repair kit +post and packing. Does anyone else have any experience of doing this in uk or europe? There must be a better price for this.

Thanks

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #365  
joebob

How about a less cryptic description of what needs to be machined and what is causing the problem. I'm not a schooled mechanic and can't quite understand what you are saying. Your descriptions sound impressive but can you put it in 5th grade language.

Thanks,
Chris

I second the request. Joebob, could you either attach pictures showing the surfaces to be ground, or use the TT K46 explosion drawings and highlight the surfaces? Your descriptions of what all you ground are too vague. I think many others go the route of buying all the replacement parts because the surfacing grinding approach is not so clear.

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #366  
Can you please post a link to the purging instructions.

Thanks

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #368  
Hi Guys;
Look in my other posts for the method I used. Let me Know if you need further info.
Cheers
Joebob

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #369  
On the block, I ground the surface of the 2 faces where the motor & pump cylinders revolve. You may have to grind the faces of the cylinders also if needed. The surfaces have a number of slotted holes that fluid passes in. In betw. these holes can have very slight scoring, allowing oil to leak past where it's supposed to go. Don't have any piccies, it's back together.Hope this helps, let me know.
Cheers
Joebob

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #370  
Hi Guys;
Look in my other posts for the method I used. Let me Know if you need further info.
Cheers
Joebob

Hey Joebob. A couple of us have looked through your other posts, but still not clear on surfaces you machined. Attached is picture of K46 tranny. Could you load this into MS Paint on your computer, mark/highlight the surfaces of parts you machined, and post it for us?

I'm especially wondering about the pump and motor. Those are the large cylindrical parts that look like "six shooter revolvers", having spring loaded pistons that ride in cylinder cavities like bullets in a revolver. Did you not see any scoring on piston exteriors or the walls of the cavities the pistons ride in? You didn't do any machining of these pistons or their cylinders? I'd think that if there was scoring on other surfaces, that scoring arose from impurities in the oil grinding away, and I'd think that would score piston cylinders too and cause leaking between pistons & their cylinder walls???

K46V.jpg