TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #381  
You will need to check your oil level again. Unfortunately it means pulling the trans out again. Mine did the same thing, added about a 1/2 quart and has been perfect since.

Thanks batty54. I sure hope your right. I put a little over 2 qts in it!! Now it doesnt move and you cant really even push it with the neutral lever pulled out. I have noooo problem taking the trans back out. That only takes ten minutes. Thanks again for your help

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #382  
Thanks batty54. I sure hope your right. I put a little over 2 qts in it!! Now it doesnt move and you cant really even push it with the neutral lever pulled out. I have noooo problem taking the trans back out. That only takes ten minutes. Thanks again for your help

Hey guys just to update you on my problem, the neutral lever that goes out of the back of the machine, the shaft that that attached to that goes down inside the transmission was the problem. The shaft kept walking out of the trans thus sticking between neutral and engaged. Open in up to find out it was a broken snap ring. Thanks to all for their time and input. Steve

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #383  
Re: TuffTorq K46 / John Deere L110 Transmission Repair Guide with Pictures

MickaMa Repair parts in Europe: forget local sources use TuffTorq direct. They are cheaper, quicker and helpfull!

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #384  
Re: TuffTorq K46 / John Deere L110 Transmission Repair Guide with Pictures

MickaMa Repair parts in Europe: forget local sources use TuffTorq direct. They are cheaper, quicker and helpfull!

Thats were i got them from. Thanks

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #385  
Newbie here.......if I just want to drain the oil for "starters", I just pull the axle, clean housing, and I drain the oil by removing the vent cap...?I think I'm going to try the oil change first. thanks to all for posting here.

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #386  
Newbie here.......if I just want to drain the oil for "starters", I just pull the axle, clean housing, and I drain the oil by removing the vent cap...?I think I'm going to try the oil change first. thanks to all for posting here.

No, you do NOT drain it through the vent cap. There is a black fill plug about the size of a half dollar right next to it. Carefully remove that and allow it to drain however long it takes. There is also a magnet directly underneath that youll have to clean. Make sure you use full synthetic 5w50 oil. It takes a hair over 2 qts. Good luck

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #387  
All I could find at the one parts store was 15W50....synthetic. Will this be ok? I'm in NE Ohio. Thanks for the reply 2jd212s.

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #388  
Id stick with what i said. Tuff torques website sells it. You have to remember a multi weight oil reacts differently below 32 degrees. 5 weight below 32 and 50 above 32. The only thing else they typically use in some of their k series trans is 10w30. If its a k46 go with 5w50

/ TuffTorq K46 Repair Guide with Pictures #389  
Well I just do grass, no snow. This sits from November to April. Thanks again.