Need a PTO adapter...any ideas?

/ Need a PTO adapter...any ideas? #11  
I did exactly what you're tryin' to do. Here's what I did. First, I got a cheap set of digital calipers from Harbor freight. Then I took one end of the slip clutch apart and measure the Ujoint holes and across the flats of the yoke. If necessary take a digital picture of the yoke slip clutch. Have all the dimensions any ID for the slip clutch and then call Agri-Supply and ask to talk to a PTO person. They can send you one end with the smooth bore yoke you want and save the spline end. I've had to change shaft configurations many times for various attachmets and spare PTO parts are valuable asset. Agri-Supply can retro fit the Eurocadian joints and slip clutches just fine, but you gotta have ID information to get it right and You aren't gonna' find lower prices. NO, I don't work for Agri-Supply, but I do appreciate a knowlagble vendor. You can do this. bjr

/ Need a PTO adapter...any ideas?
I know each tractor is different, but I put an overrunning clutch between the tractor and shaft on my very small subcompact Iseki TX1500. That tractor is only a 15 hp PTO and was very small.

Turning it out on a lathe works too.
Big difference in the diameter of an over running and slip clutch...slip is about 9" across and the lift arms won't clear through their range of movement.

I did exactly what you're tryin' to do. Here's what I did. First, I got a cheap set of digital calipers from Harbor freight. Then I took one end of the slip clutch apart and measure the Ujoint holes and across the flats of the yoke. If necessary take a digital picture of the yoke slip clutch. Have all the dimensions any ID for the slip clutch and then call Agri-Supply and ask to talk to a PTO person. They can send you one end with the smooth bore yoke you want and save the spline end. I've had to change shaft configurations many times for various attachmets and spare PTO parts are valuable asset. Agri-Supply can retro fit the Eurocadian joints and slip clutches just fine, but you gotta have ID information to get it right and You aren't gonna' find lower prices. NO, I don't work for Agri-Supply, but I do appreciate a knowlagble vendor. You can do this. bjr
Thanks...I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do...I've based everything on what is shown in their catalog and website...and you can't toot ASC's horn loud enough, as far as I'm concerned...I use them all the time and they're close enough to me that if I get an in stock order in early in the morning, I have it the next day. Great prices, too.

/ Need a PTO adapter...any ideas? #14  
Big difference in the diameter of an over running and slip clutch...slip is about 9" across and the lift arms won't clear through their range of movement.

Right... Diameter. I had tunnel vision thinking only of the length.

How hard is the metal in these slip clutches? Is it not some kind of hardened steel? Will you be able to machine it?

Right... Diameter. I had tunnel vision thinking only of the length.

How hard is the metal in these slip clutches? Is it not some kind of hardened steel? Will you be able to machine it?
Yeah, it's extremely hard, but I think I can take the lands out of the female end if I set the speed low enough.

/ Need a PTO adapter...any ideas? #16  
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone ever found an adapter for this . . .I need the same thing and I'm having the same trouble finding it.

Darryl

/ Need a PTO adapter...any ideas? #19  
sir, I have the same problem, did you ever find a solution. I sure hope you did and are willing to share. The pto shaft that came with the used mower I just purchased, isn't long enough for my tractor. I've got a new pto shaft with slip clutch to use but desperately need an adapter. Please feel free to contact me on here or directly joewatkinscrna2@yahoo.com , thanks!

/ Need a PTO adapter...any ideas? #20  
Bringing this question back to top, i have the same issue with a Craigslist brushhog I just bought. Bought a pto shaft with a slip clutch for it and it has 6 spline 1 3/8" female however the gearbox connection has 1 3/8" smooth shaft (with hole for shear pin). Has anyone found an off the shelf solution to this? Closest I see is the pump adapter suggestion, which still needs modified. Thanks for your suggestions