Need some help with my JD 425

/ Need some help with my JD 425 #1  

jon1996

Bronze Member
I have a JD 425 Mower, Heres the problem,

On top front of the transmission there are 2 Pressure relief valves, They are what the linkage hits when you slide the neutral lever up to push the mower manually, Both of mine are leaking,

My local deere dealer said about $250.00 each for them, on the diagram they looked to be rebuildable and its the top seal that is bad dry rotted, does anyone know how these come apart or a cheaper place to get them,

What would happen by plugging them off, I see no problem if all they are there for is to let you push it without it being running, but if they relive press while operating that a a different story, Any help is greatly appreciated, my grass is a foot tall and I can not cut it

/ Need some help with my JD 425 #2  
looks like #5 and #10, not much avail for either, hope this helps some
425a.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

/ Need some help with my JD 425
That's the ones, It looks like they come apart, but they do not list the seal for the top as a replacement part, Will have to see if they thread apart or are pressed together hope not the later, But thanks for the info, it helps alot, I just don't wanna spend 500 bucks on this mower, only got 1000 in it and I have already replaced the forward reverse bushing in seal in it, plus a few other things

/ Need some help with my JD 425 #4  
There's a guy on eBay (Joes Outdoor Power Equipment that has 2 used complete PR vales for sale (Currently $0.99 starting bid). I have bought stuff from him for this bid (opening bid, no other bids).

There's a guy on eBay (Joes Outdoor Power Equipment that has 2 used complete PR vales for sale (Currently $0.99 starting bid). I have bought stuff from him for this bid (opening bid, no other bids).

I looked through all his listing but did not find them, you got a link
Jon

/ Need some help with my JD 425 #6  
I take them out, measure the o-rings, then try to buy generic o-rings to replace them. Mcmaster-Carr will usually carry just about any size and material. Unbelievable that JD won't just sell you the o-rings.

I take them out, measure the o-rings, then try to buy generic o-rings to replace them. Mcmaster-Carr will usually carry just about any size and material. Unbelievable that JD won't just sell you the o-rings.

I wish it was that simple, They are leaking through the valve, the orings on thebodys are fine, it is coming through the valve and out the top, I do not think they come apart, there is a seal that is at the top but no way to change it unless you drive it out from the bottom,