Tractor
    long 300dtc

Default Brocken woods blade

Hi all a couple of questions for ya 1st has anybody had a problem with breaking of the bolt on a rear blade from woods it's a rb 72 the bolt broke while scrapping soil it broke off at the welded on nut # 2 will a screw extrtactor remove the section broken of or will i need to have it cut off and new one welded on the blade it's only 1 year old and i'm not that hard on the usage thanks all
    EDT

Gold Member
    Tractor
    L2500

Default Re: Brocken woods blade

Broken bolts are always a pita. If I tell you it will work it won't. If I tell you it will not, it will. So, try it. Use some PB Blaster to soak up the threads ahead of time. Maybe some heat from a torch on the outer part of the nut will help.

Tractor
    NH TC35D/SUPER H&M/F-20/JD B&D/FORDSON/JD250 SSL

I don't know if u have room but take a smaller nut and put on top off broken stud and weld inside down to top off stud.
    then use wrench to back out.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    L2500

Yep ..

forgot about that one..

Tractor
    long 300dtc

Thanks all just too let you no i removed the old brocken bolt with ease with a screw extractor worked great let it soak for two days in sok lubricating spray
    Thanks edt