Injector pump

/ Injector pump #1  

ford550

Hi all. I have a ford 550 backhoe, have noticed a fairly significant decrease in power when under load especially using front bucket or 3-4th gear up slight grades in transport. My uncle who is a retired heavy equiptment mechanic suggests that it is a the fuel injector pump, brand CAV. A friend also has a 550, had the pump go bad and it cost roughly 700 bucks to rebuild. Do I have any other options? Does this sound about right? Between my Dad and I we have no problem getting it out, and back in. We just had the three injectors off and calibrated hoping that may have been also an issue, they checked out good and didn't improve operation...Any thoughts would be much appreciated!! Thanks in advance, Shawn.

/ Injector pump #2  
Did you do a compression test when the injectors were out? Have you performed a torque converter stall test? What makes the injector pump suspect? It soulds like you are throwing cash at moving targets.

/ Injector pump #3  
I guess you already checked your fuel filter?

/ Injector pump
Okay, so had already checked and replaced airfilter with no effect, for SnG's took the supply line off the motor. Seems to run a ton better...will back track and let you know what we find, gosh, hope this is it....!

/ Injector pump #5  
G'day check all your fuel line fittings an pull the tap out of the tank and check for a screen in there, also if you have a prime pump that the top will come off rip it off and check the screen in there too, good luck with it all

Jon