First Real Damage

/ First Real Damage #11  
It owuld be very difficult to repair that roller. I'd price a replacement and also look into cutting the ends off and welding them back on a piece of pipe the same diameter, with a little thicker wall....for next time.

/ First Real Damage
It owuld be very difficult to repair that roller. I'd price a replacement and also look into cutting the ends off and welding them back on a piece of pipe the same diameter, with a little thicker wall....for next time.
That is a great idea, i do have some pipe laying around so i'll look into doing that.
as for a new one, i priced one at agri supply $700 and when i called was told that they don't have any in stock
ROLLER FOR CARONI 73 FLAIL MOWER - Agri Supply

/ First Real Damage #13  
$700 bucks for a roller !?! I'm guessing they wear masks and guns as corporate uniforms.. nip the ends off, weld in some schedule 80 pipe and call 'er a day.

At least you didn't back over the cell phone on the loading ramps.. right?

Chilly

/ First Real Damage
$700 bucks for a roller !?! I'm guessing they wear masks and guns as corporate uniforms.. nip the ends off, weld in some schedule 80 pipe and call 'er a day.

At least you didn't back over the cell phone on the loading ramps.. right?

Chilly
ya know after taking the pics i was walking to the house and viewing the shots i took saw my phone and walked back to pick it up. I have lost more phones by leaving them on dumb spots like that and driving away.

/ First Real Damage #15  
I'll be interested to know how you solve your roller issue as I have the same mower. It doesn't seem to be a very thick walled tubing. Mine is fine for now but.........you never know.

I'd also be inclined to cut off the ends & re-weld as suggested. Both the roller & the scraper/cleaner are pretty low-tech.

$700 is pretty crazy. Keep us updated & good luck.

/ First Real Damage #16  
I'd hate to see what Agri-Supply wants for shipping that gold roller!

I like the idea of cutting out the pop can tube and replacing it with real pipe.

/ First Real Damage #17  
I know just how you feel! It's is material stuff and you will get over it. I did after putting a whole in the passangers front door of my wives new Volvo, while backing up my dump trailer. (I just knew I was getting close to the car and never even heard the trailer hitting it.

It had less than 200 miles on it. I got over it after replacement of the 1,800 dollar door! She hasn't!! just joking she accepted my failure rather easily.

/ First Real Damage #18  
I was in Agri Supply and asked about the roller and they have adjusted their price to $499 and they do have some in stock.

/ First Real Damage #19  
I know just how you feel! It's is material stuff and you will get over it. I did after putting a whole in the passangers front door of my wives new Volvo, while backing up my dump trailer. (I just knew I was getting close to the car and never even heard the trailer hitting it.

It had less than 200 miles on it. I got over it after replacement of the 1,800 dollar door! She hasn't!! just joking she accepted my failure rather easily.

I can just picture how that went down:

"Alright, just a little more...little more...*CRRRUNCH*...Good!"

:confused:

/ First Real Damage #20  
I'd leave the hydraulic lines as is. I might get some of the pipe wrap to protect them somewhat from further damage and cable tie it on so you don't bang into them when working in the area around them. As to the roller, I too think you ought to try to straighten that out by cutting it and splicing in a ham sandwich, or whatever you may have lying around. You could do quite a bit of remake before hitting $400.
I'd get one of the lens repair laminate products on that headlight before any moisture gets into the lens assy.
I know how you feel- I dropped a log with stump attached onto my hood and caved it in BIG time! Cleared the brush bar, missed the headlights and radiator by inches and it still opens and closes. Dealer says $1200-1500 for a new one!
YIKES! I say I'll call up my body man and have him bang it out best he can and repaint for less then near what they want for a new one. Plus I figure if I put on a new one its done- won't take me much time to drop something else on it.:confused2: