Kubota BX2200 engine runs only when starter operates

/ Kubota BX2200 engine runs only when starter operates #1  

jjflash0109

Anyone have a clue as to why the stop solenoid on the injector pump only gets power from the white wire when the starter operates? The red wire seems to be dead. Are there relays in this system? If so, I can't find one.

/ Kubota BX2200 engine runs only when starter operates #2  
My solenoid failed and the tractor would only run with the key turned to the start position. I didn't do any electrical tests because the solenoid melted enough that the problem was obvious.

/ Kubota BX2200 engine runs only when starter operates
My solenoid failed and the tractor would only run with the key turned to the start position. I didn't do any electrical tests because the solenoid melted enough that the problem was obvious.

Thank you for the quick response to my post. I think I've found the relay, up against the fiewall under the dash, and it's packaged with the emergency flasher relay. It doesn't look damaged, and the wires look okay. I'll try to jump around it and let you know what I find.

/ Kubota BX2200 engine runs only when starter operates
The relay wasn't there. Got schematics, advice from Ronnie Bowman, online tech at Tractorsmart.com. On a BX2200 there's no timer relay. This solenoid has 2 coils, 3 wires. High current winding pulls plunger in when starter operates. Low current winding works from key switch when in on position, holds plunger in and allows fuel to flow from the injector pump into engine.

Solenoid can be tested by resistance. High current winding between white and black wires has 1 ohm resistance, low current winding between red and black wires has 1K ohm resistance. Low current winding bad, open between red and black. Verified by manually pushing plunger in while supplying 12V across winding. Plunger must remain in or solenoid is bad. Mine popped right back out again. Thanks Ronnie, and all the group members who responded to my newbie post.

Jack

/ Kubota BX2200 engine runs only when starter operates #5  
Thank you for the quick response to my post. I think I've found the relay, up against the fiewall under the dash, and it's packaged with the emergency flasher relay. It doesn't look damaged, and the wires look okay. I'll try to jump around it and let you know what I find.

Hey JJ
I hsve the same problem but when I looked under the dash board I only found one relay and it looks like that one control the bliking ligths. is there's another relay that I should be looking for? and if there is what's it called so I can order?