Ford 1720 clutch pedal noise

/ Ford 1720 clutch pedal noise #1  

mfkrp16

When I take out the clutch of my 1720 whether in gear or not it makes a knocking noise. When the clutch is pushed in the noise vanishes, when it is let out it makes the noise. I do not see any external problems underneath the tractor, but also am not looking for anything specific. If anyone has any ideas or starting points it would be much appreciated. Just dont want it to break in use.

/ Ford 1720 clutch pedal noise #2  
I have a 1720 with a full metal Sims cab, the noise can be LOUD if both doors are shut. I wear my logging helmet(w/hearing protection) anyway as I am usually in the woods and my hearing had been compromised way too much.
Asked the same question to someone selling a 1720 w/Sims cab on craigslist. He answered that his always made the wrapping noise with the clutch out. I measured the clutch free-play which should be about an inch, it was two and a half inches. I plan on adjusting it soon. I know it probably wont fix the noise but it needs adjusting.
I wonder if the noise is a problem that it may be the throwout bearing going. I was planing on "if it aint broke dont fix it " mentality would suffice.
My 1720 occasionally kicks out of 2nd gear if going downhill under load (forward and reverse), does yours. How many hours on yours? Mine is 1935.

/ Ford 1720 clutch pedal noise #3  
My "GUESS" is a throw out bearing. I would adjust the clutch to specs and go from there. If it is going south it will eventually. Might as well get the most use out of it. The parts for that repair is not that bad but breaking he tractor in half is a labor intensive task.

/ Ford 1720 clutch pedal noise #4  
Your right about labor intensive, even more so when my Sims cab will need to by unbolted and lifted off before any real dimantling can begin. Run her till she screams for help. It may be a month or ten years...