Kubota BX2200 Leaky Fuel Pump

/ Kubota BX2200 Leaky Fuel Pump #1  

phatty70

Hello to all!

I was working on clearing some brush today and got a fuel leak on my BX2200. This happened once before....something came up and pushed off the fuel line...not so lucky today. it seems to be leaking out of the inlet side of the fuel pump (attached a pic). What do you guys think....am I stuck replacing the entire unit or can this be repaired?

misc_leaky_pump.jpg

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX2200 Leaky Fuel Pump #2  
That looks like a filter, not a pump. I'm not familiar with the Kub pump though.
Jim

/ Kubota BX2200 Leaky Fuel Pump
That looks like a filter, not a pump. I'm not familiar with the Kub pump though.
Jim

I'm not that familiar with the Kub pump either....there is a filter on the fuel tank side and the harness shown in the pic goes into this so I assume it's a pump....I could be wrong. What I know for sure....it's leaking lol

Took the unit off this evening...turns out there was a hairline crack right below the nipple where the line goes into the body. I mixed up a bit of cold weld and after 3 hours of running she's dry as a bone.....only time will tell how long it is until i spend 115 bucks on a new pump :thumbsup:

/ Kubota BX2200 Leaky Fuel Pump #5  
If you are good with an iron solder may work also, consider this a warning, next time could be your fan. Get a skid plate or put on a mower deck.

David Kb7uns

If you are good with an iron solder may work also, consider this a warning, next time could be your fan. Get a skid plate or put on a mower deck.

David Kb7uns

Yep yep....skid plate is in the works :)