simplicity conquest lawn tractor stalls

/ simplicity conquest lawn tractor stalls #1  

skylab2011

Tractor is about 5 years old. Ran for 2 hours then stalls. Hard to start after that but if it does it runs just a little while then stalls. Engine cranks but won't start. Had to start with choke while engine still hot. display shows 246.8 when key is turned without starting.
Is the engine too hot? Is this electrical?

Thanks
Bill

/ simplicity conquest lawn tractor stalls #2  
Isn't hat engine air-cooled? What's the 246.8 refer to?

Sounds like it's not getting fuel, or not enough... any chance the lines, pick-up, filter or carb might be gummed up?

/ simplicity conquest lawn tractor stalls #3  
99% likely your carb is dirty. Pull the carb, clean/rebuild it, good to go. Sounds like a chunk of something broke loose and clogged the main jet.

/ simplicity conquest lawn tractor stalls #4  
:welcome:

Neighbor had a mouse build a nest under one side, and heating of the head burned that side out. Was not a happy camper.
Hope that didn't happen to yours. Doubt it would run at all, if it were so.
What do the plugs look like? Both the same?

/ simplicity conquest lawn tractor stalls
Isn't hat engine air-cooled? What's the 246.8 refer to?

Sounds like it's not getting fuel, or not enough... any chance the lines, pick-up, filter or carb might be gummed up?

Engine is air cooled. the 246.8 code shows up where the time is displayed. I turned the key just a little and this number comes up. Can I use carb cleaner?

Thanks
Bill

/ simplicity conquest lawn tractor stalls
:welcome:

Neighbor had a mouse build a nest under one side, and heating of the head burned that side out. Was not a happy camper.
Hope that didn't happen to yours. Doubt it would run at all, if it were so.
What do the plugs look like? Both the same?

Where do I check for this? Didn't check the plugs yet.

Thanks
Bill

/ simplicity conquest lawn tractor stalls #7  
Be certain to check the gas cap. If the vent hole is plugged then you start to form a slight low pressure area in the tank. It is worse when the tank is full. If you can, try an alternate gas cap. I bought one to replace a lost one and it didn't have an air hole. The tractor suffered pretty much the same symptoms.