Tractor
    2008 T2220

Default Fixing bent wheel shackles on rear mount finish mowers

I've bent one of mine a couple times and they are a bear to straighten because of the axle being off center from the pivot shaft. When you apply pressure, the assembly wants to twist and roll. I had tried the press, but that wasn't the answer. I had settled upon using a large pipe wrench but was never able to get everything square to the appropriate axis that was involved. Tonight I tried a couple things and then decided it was time to get out the plasma wrench! Here's what I came up with. This is the answer!

And of course, the obligatory beautiful evening tractor pic!

E
    "Freedom is never more than one generation from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Default Re: Fixing bent wheel shackles on rear mount finish mowers

Cool.

Tractor
    2008 T2220

Umm..... Just realized there wer no pics. Odd... Stuck in a hotel room, will try to get them this weekend when I get home. :-)
    "Freedom is never more than one generation from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Tractor
    2008 T2220

That's odd, I can't edit the original post. Anyway, here's the pictures!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf1428-jpg   -dscf1430-jpg   -dscf1433-jpg