JD HST Transmission Filter Question

/ JD HST Transmission Filter Question #1  

rmonio

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 4600, JD B
Here's an interesting question for anyone owning a HST 4600 4WD - which transmission filter are you using? Currently I have a LVA10419 on my tractor - however, the part that I was sold at the dealership for my 4600HST4WD was a AM102723.

I can't tell from the JDParts site whether the AM102723 is the correct part (thereby replacing the other part #). The AM102723 is smaller in size than the old filter (length-wise) - therefore I'm wondering what the deal is. I will call the dealer in the morning - but in the interim I'd like to hear what anyone has to say on it.

Thanks!

-Bob

/ JD HST Transmission Filter Question #2  
Bob,
Check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.deere.com/en_US/ag/servicesupport/tips/tractors/augusta-service-interval-change-improved-hydrostatic-filter.html> THIS LINK</A> to the tips and troubleshooting at the JD Website. It says you should replace the ...723 with the ...419, not vise versa as your dealer is suggesting with the filter he sold you. Hope this helps.

/ JD HST Transmission Filter Question
Gator -

Thanks! This is perfect - I will speak with the Dealer tomorrow and address the situation. I'm glad I didn't change it out when I noticed the size difference.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'm going to have to learn more about the JD site - I didn't see this in there when I was doing my searches.

Thanks again!

-Bob