Can i make my 2000 Ford lift higher?

/ Can i make my 2000 Ford lift higher? #1  

Jmalone

I just bought a 2000 Ford w/ select-o-speed tranny. I mowed with it for 8 hours and everything works great. I noticed when I hooked up the mower that the lift didnt pick up very high. It wasnt struggling or anything like that, just didnt pick up very high. So, to test its strength I then hooked up to a slip and went and picked up a huge load of clay. NO PROBLEM! I was wondering is there a way to adjust the arms to pick up higher. I have the control up all the way, and have thought of even drilling a hole into the lower lift arms further out to make it pick up higher. But I thought maybe i could remove the main arms and adjust them????? This is my first Ford tractor, especially one this old.

Thanks,

/ Can i make my 2000 Ford lift higher? #2  
Really need an idea of what “not very high” means. I’m not sure I understand what you thought of doing with the lift arms, but don’t do it. It’s probably easier and safer to modify the placement of the pins on the implement if it’s really needed. It seems doubtful to me that it’s needed, but I’m not seeing what you’re seeing. How much travel are you getting?

/ Can i make my 2000 Ford lift higher?
ok..here's an example...When I hook up to the slip scoop...My Tafe picks it up about 18 inches or so.(bottom of scoop to ground) On the 2000 its only about 4-6 inches from the ground...There is no way to move the pins on the scoop. I thought maybe there was an adjustment on the tractor, possibly where the lift arms go into the rear of the tractor.

/ Can i make my 2000 Ford lift higher? #4  
knowing what 2000 you have would be great.. so I'm going to assume a 63/64 4 cyl.

you may want to refer to your service manual ( oem or aftermarket I&T FO-20 ).. things like a worn cam follower pin will effect lift height.

soundguy

/ Can i make my 2000 Ford lift higher? #5  
My MF175 has several holes in the attachment arms.

I have to use the inner ones to get my dirt scoop to dig in, and I move it back to the outer holes for most everything else

It makes over a foot difference in the lift/drop ranges

/ Can i make my 2000 Ford lift higher? #6  
With no implement hooked to the 3pt, raise the hitch all the way up and shut off the tractor. Grab a hitch arm and try to lift it up further. If you can lift the arm and cause the ROCKSHAFT outer yokes to rotate upwards more than about two inches, you have internal wear that can be corrected to increase the rockshaft's range of motion. This is in addition to the external adjustments and pin settings already discussed.

Thanks for the answers guys...Here are the numbers I got off of the tractor from top to bottom. 21205...734?...F286 It is a 4cyc gas And it is a Ind./Ag model after 63' with adj. front axles, select-o-speed w/ live PTO 540 and hydr. I had some more holes put in my lift arms to rais it higher. And yes I can move the arms manually, higher than what they lift. So I'm sure it has wear internally. I'll just use it like it is this summer, and sell it. Everything works great on it, great paint, new tires, and the best part is I onkly paid 2k.:thumbsup:

/ Can i make my 2000 Ford lift higher? #8  
wow.. and for 15$ you could fix the lift vs selling it.. very likely.... the gasket and oring kit for the top cover is a massive 13$ at the CNH dealer.. and a cam pin is about 2$ might be a couple hours work removing, fixing and reinstalling the lift cover..

soundguy

/ Can i make my 2000 Ford lift higher? #9  
I just bought a 2000 Ford w/ select-o-speed tranny. I mowed with it for 8 hours and everything works great. I noticed when I hooked up the mower that the lift didnt pick up very high. It wasnt struggling or anything like that, just didnt pick up very high. So, to test its strength I then hooked up to a slip and went and picked up a huge load of clay. NO PROBLEM! I was wondering is there a way to adjust the arms to pick up higher. I have the control up all the way, and have thought of even drilling a hole into the lower lift arms further out to make it pick up higher. But I thought maybe i could remove the main arms and adjust them????? This is my first Ford tractor, especially one this old.

Thanks,

I have seen tractors that had the lift arm balls dragging the ground, when all the way down. These tractors usually needed internal adjustment to bring them back up to normal working range of movements. Is your left bar that attaches to the lift arm adjustable to where you could screw it in all the way in and then screw your leveling crank assy on the right side up some? Ken Sweet Ken Sweet

wow.. and for 15$ you could fix the lift vs selling it.. very likely.... the gasket and oring kit for the top cover is a massive 13$ at the CNH dealer.. and a cam pin is about 2$ might be a couple hours work removing, fixing and reinstalling the lift cover..

soundguy

explain how to fix this plz....or where to look..thanks