Cub Cadet LT1554 PTO not engaging

/ Cub Cadet LT1554 PTO not engaging #1  

shawnkaan

Tractor
Cub Cadet GT1554
Hello,
I have 12 hours on this tractor and today the PTO just stopped engaging. I pushed the knob back in and pulled it back out it would turn on then shut off. Now it doesnt turn on. Any idea's? I tried to start the PTO in reverse as well since I read some other posts that say it may be the reverse wire. Mine seems intact down to the brakes. Any help would be great. Thank You

/ Cub Cadet LT1554 PTO not engaging #2  
Possibly something between the ignition reverse safety swith and the PTO? I've got a SLT1554 that's got 280 hrs. on it and can only think of a few times the PTO quit on me. I hadn't turned the key back and pushed the reverse safety switch button.

/ Cub Cadet LT1554 PTO not engaging #3  
Try charging your battery. The PTO clutch is electric and needs at least 10.8 volts to operate. I had the same issue, charged the battery overnight and haven't had any problems since. Worth a try.

/ Cub Cadet LT1554 PTO not engaging #4  
I have a Cub Cadet SLT1554 lawn tractor. When I was mowing a neighbor, I ran over some chicken wire that I did not see. The chicken wire wrapped around my blades freezing up the mowing deck. I cut the wire out from the blades and attempted to continue with mowing. The tractor started, however my PTO will not engage. Can you help me out?

/ Cub Cadet LT1554 PTO not engaging #5  
Sure that the deck belt isn't broken? If not, check the wiring connected to the PTO clutch for damage from the wire.

- Jay

/ Cub Cadet LT1554 PTO not engaging #6  
I am having the same problem, the wires were broke to the clutch, fixed and worked for a few minutes then stopped. did you find out what was causing your problem? I replaced the switch and the PTO clutch still nothing.