Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT

Default Front Axle Camber Adjustment

I just got a kubota L2800DT 4x4 and I see that the camber of the front tire are off bad.On the right side is( -1 1/16") and the left side is ( -1").Is there a way to set the camber back to (0"),when I make hard turns it almost roll the tires off the rims.Any help would be GREAT,Thanks.

Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: Front Axle Camber Adjustment

Many tractors have been designed like what you described to enhance the turns.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    GC2310,

Off form what? It's not a car. If you did set it to 0, it would not turn well. And, the front end would tend to washout.

Tractors have a much tighter turning radius, than a car. The camber is set to allow the tires to carve the turn, like a ski does, rather than skate.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by McGyyver View Post
    when I make hard turns it almost roll the tires off the rims.Any help would be GREAT,Thanks.

Keep your tires properly inflated.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT

Quote Originally Posted by ray66v View Post
    Off form what? It's not a car. If you did set it to 0, it would not turn well. And, the front end would tend to washout.

Tractors have a much tighter turning radius, than a car. The camber is set to allow the tires to carve the turn, like a ski does, rather than skate.
    Thanks for the info,We have a 1981 Ford tractor w/loader and that is what I was going by.The Ford camber is at (0") so I just thought that this kubota just need some adjustment.Thanks for all that replys.

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Thanks for the info,We have a 1981 Ford tractor w/loader and that is what I was going by.The Ford camber is at (0") so I just thought that this kubota just need some adjustment.Thanks for all that replys.
    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with any of these posts...but my camber doesn't appear to be anywhere near what McGyyver describes. Granted, mine is a Deere, his a Kubota.
    I do suggest he pop down to his local Kubota dealer and just see how his compares with other Kubota's of the same size.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Elite Member
    Tractor
    GC2310,

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with any of these posts...but my camber doesn't appear to be anywhere near what McGyyver describes. Granted, mine is a Deere, his a kubota.
    I do suggest he pop down to his local Kubota dealer and just see how his compares with other Kubota's of the same size.
    Every make, and model tractor is different.

If you wanted to do that, you would need to compare it to more than one L2800DT, to really be conclusive.

Because it's unlikely that both sides are screwed up, and still within a 1/16" of each other, I'm betting it's normal for that model. But, anything is possible.

Tractor
    Kubota L4200

I just got a kubota L2800DT 4x4 and I see that the camber of the front tire are off bad.On the right side is( -1 1/16") and the left side is ( -1").Is there a way to set the camber back to (0"),when I make hard turns it almost roll the tires off the rims.Any help would be GREAT,Thanks.
    I have a Kubota L4200 and it's the same way, about 1" on each wheel.
    (But when the wheel leans outward at the top, it's called positive camber, not negative.)
    Arky

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

My 3400 (same frame and chassis as 2800) has a pretty good lean to the front tires. Does yours have AG tires or industrials? It looks worse with AGs. As far as I know there's no adjustment.

Sean

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Take a look at the front wheels some old tricycle front end tractors sometime.
    Now, there's some serious camber...
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast