F510 John Deere Disengaged the mower deck while I was mowing

/ F510 John Deere Disengaged the mower deck while I was mowing #1  

BretM

Tractor
John Deere F510 Mower
Hello,

While I was mowing today, my John Deere F510 mower decided to disengage the mower deck. I stopped and tried to switch it on again, but it would not engage. It seemed like it was making the attempt, electrically, but not mechanically. Anyone have any ideas what it is?
UPDATE #1:
The primary drive belt is torn/ripped apart/worn---and it was new, as of yesterday. I put the mower up on blocks, started it, and tried to engage the mower drive clutch---no action. Do these clutches all of a sudden just die? Are there any adjustments I can make? Or, do I probably need a new clutch?
UPDATE #2:
Removed the mower deck. Disconnected the switch from the clutch, turned clutch engage switch on, tested the line for voltage----no volts read on my meter. So, I was wondering if anyone thinks that the switch went out, due to an electrical strain placed upon the clutch, because the primary belt was dragging/caught on the mower? AND, I checked the fuses---they are all okay.
UPDATE #3:
Pulled the switch and tested it. Then had to put mower away because it was getting ready to rain. Next chance I get, I'm going to just run 12 volts to the electric clutch and see if it tries to engage. Hopefully it is just the switch (a $20 part), and not also the clutch (a $180 part).
Again, anyone with any ideas about the mower? Thanks.

Last edited:
   / F510 John Deere Disengaged the mower deck while I was mowing #2  
My F510 does the same thing. Was your problem with the switch?