Jinma 284

/ Jinma 284 #1  

rrobnshell2

Tractor
jinma
I have a Jinma 284 that will roll in the turtle gears but not in the rabbit gears. Any suggestions, is it the clutch or the transmission? Any help or suggestions would be appericiated. I am just a lady with a tractor and would like to fix it myself if I could. It only has about 30 hrs on it!
Thank you

Last edited:
   / Jinma 284 #2  
probably should post this in the chinese tractor forum.

soundguy

/ Jinma 284 #3  
With only 30 hours, your Jimma should still be in warranty so I'd suggest it goes back to the dealer.
As far as the problem, it's not selecting the range. If it's a lever, a linkage is probably broken or came apart. If it's an electrical switch, might be a bad switch or a bad connection.

But contact your dealer...

/ Jinma 284 #4  
I have a Jinma 284 that will roll in the turtle gears but not in the rabbit gears. Any suggestions, is it the clutch or the transmission? Any help or suggestions would be appericiated. I am just a lady with a tractor and would like to fix it myself if I could. It only has about 30 hrs on it!
Thank you

Did you make sure it was in Hi range. Sometimes these tractors can be touchy about going into gear{just like yesteryears}. You may have to lightly let out on the clutch while trying to get it into HI range. Or you may have to put everything back to nuetral and start with switching from low to hi then go into what ever gear needed. Basically sometimes they need a little finesse, hope this helps.

/ Jinma 284 #5  
Did you make sure it was in Hi range. Sometimes these tractors can be touchy about going into gear{just like yesteryears}. .

my antiques shift ranges just fine :)

soundguy

/ Jinma 284 #7  
depends.. which ones. :) I'd guess from 'lots' to 'even more' depending on some of them.

soundguy