Allis Chalmers 5030 - Overrunning Clutch

/ Allis Chalmers 5030 - Overrunning Clutch #1  

clocklaw

Tractor
Allis Chalmers 5030
Hey guys,

My dad has a 5030 and somehow damaged the internal overrunning clutch. Got it apart and inspected and the clutch spins free in both directions. I have searched the world over (internet) and have not been able to locate a replacement for this part. He checked with the local tractor dealer and they quoted a replacement at $1300......we need to get this little machine repaired but to be honest, if that's what it cost we will probably be looking for a replacement machine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

G

/ Allis Chalmers 5030 - Overrunning Clutch
Funny, that's what I thought would be the best approach but dad wanted to do it the right way, that's probably the only logical solution.

Thanks,

G

/ Allis Chalmers 5030 - Overrunning Clutch #4  
Funny, that's what I thought would be the best approach but dad wanted to do it the right way, that's probably the only logical solution.

Thanks,

G

Tell him if he insists on doing it the right way to get out his wallet. Nothing wrong with a proper repair.

/ Allis Chalmers 5030 - Overrunning Clutch #5  

Thanks,

G

I guess I'm much like your dad. My Bolens' internal over running clutch doesn't spin in either direction. I discovered this the hard way while using my brushhog. I noticed the bush I was inches from held a large hornet's nest. When I depressed the clutch on my tractor, the tractor continued forward into the nest. All I could do was go wide open throttle to get away from the angry hornets! Instantly, I realized I could crawl faster than the tractor was going! As I was swatting at the hornets, the landowner wondered why I was flipping gang signs at seemingly no-one.

Back on subject; I had purchased a parts tractor for the FEL. I was fortunate that it's internal overrunning clutch was still good. It's getting installed in my tractor.

Come to think about it, it seems that the internal overrunning clutch was only mounted on a shaft, not supported in any way to anything else. You might want to see if there's another tractor with an internal overrunning clutch with the same size shaft/spline size to replace your old one. Maybe that will satisfy your dad.