Ford 3000 Fan

/ Ford 3000 Fan
Good idea CJ7, will do!

Thanks some more

/ Ford 3000 Fan
Well, just in case anyone is interested.... I pulled the front end off my tracor on Saturday. Everything went well and there were no suprizes!!!! Got the radiator off and old water pump and MAN.... I don't know how that thing was even turning. The bearings were gone, as in fell out long ago. But there was no leak from the waterpump. Why???

Well, the radiator was completely shot. It was clogged completely up and would not flow any water. The anifreeze that was still in there aparently just sloshed back and forth between the pump and lower hose. It did have about 1 gallon of water in it to slosh!

Its a wonder that the tractor did not overheat and throw a rod or something! Just got lucky I guess. Glad I was able to talk the folks into letting me work on it!

Now I have a new waterpump, thermostat, top and bottom radiator hoses, belt, and after this afternoon radiator.

Just wanted to say thanks to the guys that sort of help talk me into doing the work myself instead of hireing it out. It was much more rewarding.... and cheaper!

/ Ford 3000 Fan #13  
Glad you got the 3000 up and running...I have a 3000 gas,pump has a little play in it....doesn`t over heat while working,but i`ll replace it for P.M....only problem i have is that i`ll have to do it with the radiator on...i have an Allied fel...No way do i want to try n remove the loader...augggghhhh......let ya know if it can be done...lol...Sid

/ Ford 3000 Fan
Would not want to do it without the front sheet metal and radiator removed!... Its gonna be a lot of sqeezing grunting cussing and bleeding but with a good asortment of tools and a lot of patience you may come out ok...

Best of luck

/ Ford 3000 Fan #15  
If you choose not to remove the rad. Be very careful that you do not put a hole in it. I did this once on a pick-up. The wrench slipped and just touched the rad (so I thought).

I later had a nice little hole. Had to pull the rad anyway! LOL

/ Ford 3000 Fan #16  
Happy to hear the project is going well. You shure did save some money.

/ Ford 3000 Fan #17  
CJ if i had my rathers i would rather r&r the radiator.but as stated the allied loader set up is a "*****" to r&r.the 3000 gas has a bitsey pump...clearance seems not to bad...have the Budweiser after completed..lol...thanks, Sid

/ Ford 3000 Fan
One other thing that I did not mention was abou the radiator itself. I thougt it was not going to be reusable because it was VERY corroded inside but I was wrong. I took it to a local Radiator repair shop and he cleaned it in an acid bath and them pressure trested it. Said that it showed minimal flow problems and would be good to go for another decade or so.

Cost me $55 which is a LOT better than the $278 that the dealer quoted for a new one!

I also changed my mind about being able to do the pump repair without taking the thing apart. Don't know how you can do the repair without removing the radiator or at least the fan shroud to get to the fan to unbolt it.
That is If the gas and deisel versions are about the same...

/ Ford 3000 Fan #19  
After hanging upside down,litterly..me an my cuz decided that we can pull pump and fan as a unit...mebe....early spring project before planting time...which i hope to have the Kioti by then.. Sid