Bush hog - sheared off castle nut

/ Bush hog - sheared off castle nut #1  

big e

Silver Member
Tractor
L3130 Kubota
I have an older Bush Hog brand bush hog... Razorback RZ60.
I broke off the threaded head that holds the stump jumper on.
Today I ordered the shaft/gearbox combo. The Bush Hog parts were $300... the after-market version was $200. I went with the after-market.
Any thoughts?
and
Is this job pretty straight forward... remove old gearbox and put new one on?

/ Bush hog - sheared off castle nut #2  
You will be ok as long as you ordered the correct input and output shaft. Input could be 1 3/8 inch round smooth for 1/2 inch shear pin or 1 3/8 inch with 6 splines for clutch. The output shaft can be either 12 or 15 splines. Ken Sweet

/ Bush hog - sheared off castle nut
Thanks for the quick response Sweet.
I'm pretty sure I'm only getting the new shaft that drops down from the gearbox that the stump jumper connects to. I assume the shaft TO the gear box from the PTO is ok.

/ Bush hog - sheared off castle nut #4  
I'm saving my "I ran over all the springs from a decomposed box spring mattress" for that posting. Matter of fact, I thought I put that on there but I don't see it there now.
Lots of springs I can tell you.
Hope the guy that dragged down to the pond edge had more fun on it that I did.

Oh, and I'll eventually be able to add that I ran over a sheared off castle nut! My Dang Hog is like a metal detector.

/ Bush hog - sheared off castle nut #7  
Hope the guy that dragged down to the pond edge had more fun on it that I did

Now that's funny! :laughing:
Boone

/ Bush hog - sheared off castle nut #8  
Oh, and I'll eventually be able to add that I ran over a sheared off castle nut! My Dang Hog is like a metal detector.

when i used to shoe my horses.. they would always throw a show somewhere where i couldn't find them.. mower ALWAYS found them without fail.. :)

soundguy

/ Bush hog - sheared off castle nut #9  
Thanks for the quick response Sweet.
I'm pretty sure I'm only getting the new shaft that drops down from the gearbox that the stump jumper connects to. I assume the shaft TO the gear box from the PTO is ok.

Most likely you're getting a complete gear box. Friend just bought a 100 hp 15 spline for his mower for about $200.

Jim