8n problems

/ 8n problems
Fuel drains out of carb good. I'm so lost at this point

/ 8n problems #12  
Hi Guys whats up ? Say i hope you all can help me with this my Case 480C 's got a Borg Warner Power Shuttle Transmission i overhauled it myself and changer to foward clutches. Now when i test it is pumping all the oil into the torque converter till it overflows while the sump reading shows empty ( oil not returning) Is this Air ? Do i need to purge system ? Thanks JON
Welcome BATCH. I think you will get a better response to your Case question if you open it as a new thread with "____Case____" in the topic box
so other Case owners will see it. Help will come.

/ 8n problems #13  
Check the coil and dist. cap for a crack. Maybe the crack opens as things warms up and sparks to ground?

/ 8n problems #14  
I'm old enough to remember the old "points & condenser" ignitions. Replace the condenser (and points also) I've seen vehicles with weak condensers run poorly or die when the condenser gets hot. When it cools off it will start again then run till it gets hot again. i think Tractor Supply stores keep these in stock.
Jack

/ 8n problems
points, distributor, coil, wires, plugs, voltage regulator, battery were all replaced within last 2 months. had to get back home so were having a guy come out and take a look at it this week. had to pull it back to farm with 4wheeler and got it back and messed with it. every so often it would fire but ran no longer than 15 seconds and die. started backfiring also. two weekends now I have been unable to disc for fall plots:mad:

/ 8n problems #16  
you will likely get a better response if you start your very own thread with it's own title, instead of putting this at the end of a thread on a 50-60 year old unrelated tractor :)

soundguy

/ 8n problems #17  
you will likely get a better response if you start your very own thread with it's own title, instead of putting this at the end of a thread on a 50-60 year old unrelated tractor :)

soundguy

??
Isn't this thread still about huntnfarm's 8N ?
(or did I miss a deleted post?)
:)

/ 8n problems #18  
Yes, this thread is about the 8N.

The Case 480C transmission question by Batch is the off-topic post that Soundguy and Nickel Plate were referring to.

Back to thread...

We used to have a 9N and 8N tractors. It does sound fuel related, but I would not rule out something remote like the "balast resistor" that is in the ignition circuit. It could be heating up and breaking down. These can often be replaced with the resistor from a Dodge if you cannot find one for the 8N.

/ 8n problems #19  
And don't rule out getting a bad condenser. Buddy had a 600 that threw him many fits, until he replaced the "new" condenser with another new one.

/ 8n problems #20  
you may want to check your fuel tank also. Ive seen alot of tractors shut down due to trash in the tank