Maintenance free battery?

/ Maintenance free battery? #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Thought I'd seek the advice of those less electrically challenged than me /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Reaching the battery on my Kubota L3010 is a pain under normal conditions, but an absolute nightmare in the middle of winter when unprotected fingers tend to freeze to bare metal. Is there any reason I can't replace it with an equivalent maintenance free battery?

Pete

/ Maintenance free battery? #2  
PETE: WHY WOULD U BE NEEDING TO GET AT YOUR BATTERY SO MUCH? and no there should not be any problem with a maint.free battery

/ Maintenance free battery? #3  
When my JD 790 was having its battery leakage problem. A very common problem with 790s. I looked into Optima batteries. They are truely maintenance free.

Because they are leak proof you can buy them mail order. I also have seen them at the JD parts web site, PEP Boys and Batteries Plus

/ Maintenance free battery? #4  
Pete,

I'd suggest running some leads from your battery terminals to somewhere easier to reach. If you just need to get to it to power something like a winch you can get simple gray connectors for each side at places like NAPA for around $15.00. Good luck with your project. I hope this helps. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Maintenance free battery?
It's not the terminals I'm after, it's checking the fluid level and adding, if necessary. Royal PITA in winter.

Pete

/ Maintenance free battery? #6  
The "Optima Redtop" is probably your best bet, otherwise get the biggest amp/hour sealed battery you can find that will fit in your compartment. You can't have too much battery. The Optimas are about$130-$140. Something like a Delco 850ah are about $80-$90.

/ Maintenance free battery? #8  
Wow! I buy dual terminal maintenance free 700 CCA's @ 4 for $100 delivered to my door. The 800 CCA's are 3 for $100 and 1000 CCA's in the $40's. Even the huge marine starting/deep cycle battery for my trailer was under $50.

You might want to shop around a little bit. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Maintenance free battery? #9  
WOW!!! backatcha.....What brand and where?

/ Maintenance free battery? #10  
They have different labels on them at different times. The four dual terminal 700 CCA's for $100 I just had delivered are labeled "All American." I don't know if they sell retail or not. I'm a truck dealer by trade and, hence, am a wholesale bulk buyer. I have to call them tomorrow to get some batteries for a couple of our semi tractors and I'll ask if they do or want to and can let you know tomorrow if you're interested.