Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S

Default Maintenance free battery?

Thought I'd seek the advice of those less electrically challenged than me [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Reaching the battery on my kubota L3010 is a pain under normal conditions, but an absolute nightmare in the middle of winter when unprotected fingers tend to freeze to bare metal. Is there any reason I can't replace it with an equivalent maintenance free battery?

Pete

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

Default Re: Maintenance free battery?

PETE: WHY WOULD U BE NEEDING TO GET AT YOUR BATTERY SO MUCH? and no there should not be any problem with a maint.free battery

Tractor
    John Deere 790

When my JD 790 was having its battery leakage problem. A very common problem with 790s. I looked into Optima batteries. They are truely maintenance free.

Because they are leak proof you can buy them mail order. I also have seen them at the JD parts web site, PEP Boys and Batteries Plus

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

Pete,

I'd suggest running some leads from your battery terminals to somewhere easier to reach. If you just need to get to it to power something like a winch you can get simple gray connectors for each side at places like NAPA for around $15.00. Good luck with your project. I hope this helps. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Elite Member
    Tractor

It's not the terminals I'm after, it's checking the fluid level and adding, if necessary. Royal PITA in winter.

Pete

Elite Member

The "Optima Redtop" is probably your best bet, otherwise get the biggest amp/hour sealed battery you can find that will fit in your compartment. You can't have too much battery. The Optimas are about$130-$140. Something like a Delco 850ah are about $80-$90.

Elite Member
    Tractor

Youch!!! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Tractor
    John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket

Wow! I buy dual terminal maintenance free 700 CCA's @ 4 for $100 delivered to my door. The 800 CCA's are 3 for $100 and 1000 CCA's in the $40's. Even the huge marine starting/deep cycle battery for my trailer was under $50.

You might want to shop around a little bit. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Elite Member

WOW!!! backatcha.....What brand and where?

Tractor

They have different labels on them at different times. The four dual terminal 700 CCA's for $100 I just had delivered are labeled "All American." I don't know if they sell retail or not. I'm a truck dealer by trade and, hence, am a wholesale bulk buyer. I have to call them tomorrow to get some batteries for a couple of our semi tractors and I'll ask if they do or want to and can let you know tomorrow if you're interested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast