John Deere Battery

/ John Deere Battery #1  

Scott_in_WVA

Gold Member
My John Deere battery in my JD 4400 died yesterday after 27 months service,I went to Auto Zone and bought my replacement............one of those days........

/ John Deere Battery #2  
I had to replace mine in my NH1630 this fall, 49 months it lasted, of course the last couple of months it required charging when I wanted to use it, thought it was from setting to long between uses. Do put a charger on it in the winter months occasionaly when not in use.

/ John Deere Battery
You done a lot better than me.....

/ John Deere Battery #4  
The battery ( jd brand ) in our jd 2240 just died, and has been week lately... only got about 2 ys out of it...

Soundguy

/ John Deere Battery #5  
Scott,

Your post reminds me I ought to check batteries in things now and replace anything that's weak before I'm trying to get it to start something in sub-zero temperatures. /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ John Deere Battery
I bought the best I could get for the size at Auto zone....it is a little stronger then the JD.I forget exactly how many CCA,I will have to go look......when its daylight.The main thing is it starts now.

/ John Deere Battery #7  
Had my 790 in for Hydro. fluid change, air and fuel filter change, and some minor warrantee work, and was pleasantly surprised to find that they replaced my relatively new Auto Zone battery with a heavy duty Deere battery and that they installed brand new heavy duty cables at no charge.

Buck

/ John Deere Battery
Sounds like a good dealer...

/ John Deere Battery #9  
Scott,

I called this dealer for service twice. Both at about 11:30 a.m.

Both times he traveled about 27 miles to my barn -- within ------an hour and a half------ of my call. The first time, the tractor was back in my barn in three days. The second, two days.

Last time he didn't charge me for the trip.

They will have my business, even though there are two other dealers are nearer to my home.

Buck

/ John Deere Battery
I checked your profile....Upstate New York...........rats,thats a long ways for me to go to your dealer,maybe I could sell out and relocate./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif