BX2350 won't start

/ BX2350 won't start #1  

2350BX

Tractor
BX2350
As soon as the last payment was made my BX2350 refused to start. No exhaust was noticed while turning the engine over. I replaced both fuel filters (without checking anything else, more of a hope and a prayer) but still not running or exhaust. Could there still be air in the fuel line, do I need a new fuel pump (how do I check?), or do I need to make another payment? The previous time it was ran, three days prior to no start, it did start very hard, but I saw exhaust coming out while turning it over. The glow plug indicator lights up, I'm assuming that would mean the relay was okay. Any help? Funny comments are also appreciated!

/ BX2350 won't start #2  
As soon as the last payment was made my BX2350 refused to start. No exhaust was noticed while turning the engine over. I replaced both fuel filters (without checking anything else, more of a hope and a prayer) but still not running or exhaust. Could there still be air in the fuel line, do I need a new fuel pump (how do I check?), or do I need to make another payment? The previous time it was ran, three days prior to no start, it did start very hard, but I saw exhaust coming out while turning it over. The glow plug indicator lights up, I'm assuming that would mean the relay was okay. Any help? Funny comments are also appreciated!

Listen for the fuel pump running with the key on...not starting position...You should hear a slight buzz.

Also when you open the fuel system, you're supposed to leave the key on for 30 seconds (if memory serves) to purge the air.

If the filters were clogged solid, it's possible that the fuel pump could have fried.

/ BX2350 won't start #3  
Remove the hose from the outlet of the fuel filter by the engine and place the end in a mason jar or can. Turn the key to the on position. The diesel fuel should flow out of this hose. If no fuel your pump is not operating. Check fuses, wiring etc to the fuel pump to be certain you are getting 12 VDC to the pump before just randomly replacing parts.

Roy

/ BX2350 won't start #4  
If one of the kill switches is activated would it act like what he described? (I'm going to try this when I get home.)

/ BX2350 won't start
I can hear the pump running, but that doesn't imply fuel movement, first chance I get I will try removing the discharge line of the last filter. Maybe I won't smell like diesel for the next two days. I didn't think it would be any of the kill switches because it wouldn't turn over. There is some type of solenoid that appears to open a valve when I turn the key on. Any possible problems with this?

/ BX2350 won't start #6  
Suggest you post in Kubota Owning/Operating Forum for more feedback from the BX guys there.Good Luck!

/ BX2350 won't start
Okay, I removed the last fuel hose from the filter to the injectors and placed the key to "ON" so the pump would run. Fuel pressure increased and spurted into the container. Replace hose, and voila the tractor started! It would appear that is was air in the line. Thank-you for all your help, I will tuck these troubleshooting tips away.

2350bx

/ BX2350 won't start #8  
Ok this all makes sense. My problem is a bit different but outcome is same. I can turn on the ignition key to on and hear the pump run, see the lights on the panel indicating the glow plugs are heating but turning the key to start results in ZIP, nada. Starter motor doesn't work and throw out bearing doesn't engage. Looks like no electricity to the starter system. You'd think the gear shift was in low or hi but it does this while in neutral also. Have tried wiggling the shift lever and thereby exercising the cutout switch. I can see it moving in and out but no success. It has done this occasionally In the past but has always started after the shift lever is jiggled around for a few minutes. Have tried rocking the tractor back and forth on its wheels and that does no good. Fuses are intact. Any advice on how to trouble shoot?

/ BX2350 won't start #9  
Ok this all makes sense. My problem is a bit different but outcome is same. I can turn on the ignition key to on and hear the pump run, see the lights on the panel indicating the glow plugs are heating but turning the key to start results in ZIP, nada. Starter motor doesn't work and throw out bearing doesn't engage. Looks like no electricity to the starter system. You'd think the gear shift was in low or hi but it does this while in neutral also. Have tried wiggling the shift lever and thereby exercising the cutout switch. I can see it moving in and out but no success. It has done this occasionally In the past but has always started after the shift lever is jiggled around for a few minutes. Have tried rocking the tractor back and forth on its wheels and that does no good. Fuses are intact. Any advice on how to trouble shoot?

Take a look where the PTO engagement lever sits against the transmission casting when the engagement lever is in the off position.
You could have some debris in there that will keep the PTO nanny switch from closing. This happened to me not too long ago. The switching
point occurs very close to the off position. Another item could just be that some of the other nanny switches aren't working properly; you could
operate the plungers manually several times to try to clean the contacts.