Kubota won't go in reverse

/ Kubota won't go in reverse #1  

amazincaucasian

Bronze Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota kx-121, 1988 Kubota L2202DT 1998, Bobcat 331 bobcat, F800 dump truck
My old Kubota (1988) just grinds when I try to put it in reverse. It's not a hst just manual. I had a skidteer push me up a hill while I drove in low gear and I guess something got jammed or hung. Maybe I was being pushed faster than I was driving. This happened before when I roll-started it down a hill and accidentally had it in reverse instead of. 4th. Somebody told me drive it in high 3 or 4 miles and it will unbind but no results.Also sometimes when it's put in reverse it jumps forward. Any suggestions?

/ Kubota won't go in reverse #2  
Please post what model. There were many models in 1988.

Thank You,
Brian

/ Kubota won't go in reverse #3  
If the clutch is operating properly think about taking the top off of the gearbox and checking out the internals.:D

/ Kubota won't go in reverse #4  
Somebody told me drive it in high 3 or 4 miles and it will unbind but no results.

:confused: Never heard of anything like that before! It won't hurt it for sure, but don't see how that could possibly "unbind" the drivetrain.....

/ Kubota won't go in reverse
Thanks for the replies! It's a L2202DT grey market tractor. Which I am expecting to be very very aggravating to find parts for. Since my post, I took it to the tractor shop because I really need it for a job and he looked in and says the reverse synchronizer is broken. So does anyone know where I can find a reverse synchronizer for it? Thanks again!
101_0260.jpg

Last edited:
   / Kubota won't go in reverse #6  
Might try posting down in the grey market tractor forum for help with parts etc.

/ Kubota won't go in reverse #7  
sounds like clutch disk is stuck try bumping the tractor against something like a tree or stump to see if you can free the disk up