Tranny troubles

/ Tranny troubles #1  

Swarfeater

Tractor
Ford 1920
my ford model 1920 has a trans issue. while in neutral,she has a partially engaged reverse. it will move backwards and has a power robbing drag in all forward gears. very hard to shift into any gear. i suspect a synchronizer problem,would i be correct in this thought?

/ Tranny troubles #2  
It would be nice to know if it is a gear or hydro trannie. I would come closer to believe a shift fork on a gear trannie. If Hydro I would look at the control linkage.

/ Tranny troubles
Mechanical trans, the forks are all fine looking. the trans is not mechanically locked into reverse,it is a dragging reverse load, stepping on the brakes stops the machine without any gear noise (clunking noise anyway). in any gear the machine has a substantial load on it from the tranny drag.but is not locked in reverse. this is why i suspect a synchronizer(?) problem. perhaps
it may be stripped or something causing it to be partially engaged. i have had the lid off and everything looks except what cannot be seen.

/ Tranny troubles #4  
With the tractor shut off and in neutral will it roll easily.Do you have shuttle shift on the steering column. If so try rolling it with the column shifter in neutral then try it with the trans shifter in neutral. Is there a difference.
Bill

/ Tranny troubles
column shift.drags while rolling in neutral in both the range and gear selectors.