A repair question unanswered!!!

/ A repair question unanswered!!! #1  

Steelfan

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC21D
I'm a bit upset by the number of people, who answered my question. I've got a problem with my leaking quick coupler connection, and <font color=red> 2</font color=red> people answer it. I've not been here since the start of this forum, but I would think that someone has been through this before. Maybe with all the stuff happening here, I lost focus. Where can I go to get the answers? Sorry to be down, but I had a very, very bad day.

Kent

/ A repair question unanswered!!! #2  
It looked to me like the question was answered.
Any more answers would have just been repeats.

/ A repair question unanswered!!!
OK, Goodbye. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ A repair question unanswered!!! #4  
The easiest and quickest fix is to just replace the whole dissconect they are fairly cheap and your back in the seat. look at all the down time wasted on a $10.00 part. one little scratch or dent on the male end will cause leaking. there is a lot of pressure in a hydraulic system. this link has hydraulic couplers <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/LLCategoryDisplayView?storeId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=458805&categoryId=1501>http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/LLCategoryDisplayView?storeId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=458805&categoryId=1501</A>

/ A repair question unanswered!!! #5  
Sorry we didn't snap to your aid in a timely enough manor, Mr. Steelfan. We will certainly try to do better in the future.

/ A repair question unanswered!!! #6  
Hey, I had a bad day too....but I take it out on the people who caused it not on my "tractor buddies".

I read your other post but didn't have much to add that I didn't think was obvious and I'm not really familiar with the NH setup. It also didn't look too urgent since it looks like you haven't had time to work on it yet. I know what that is like. My tractor has had a flat front tire since Sunday. I got it repaired Monday and haven't had time to put the wheel back on yet.

So to try to help out here are my obvious questios:

Does it leak only when you have the coupling together or does it leak when they are apart also?

You said the female end is leaking. Is this the end that stays with the tractor or the end that stays with the loader?

If it stays with the tractor and it doesn't leak when the coupling is disconnected I would think it isn't the ball that is being stuck open.

If it leaks only when it is together then I would suspect it is the sealing surfaces are either dirty or have a small nick.

Can you reverse the hoses on your loader to see if the problem moves to a different connection? I can't do this on my Kubota because the fittings are different but I don't know about the NH.

If there is a nick in the sealing surface I would expect it to be on the male end since the female end is pretty well protected.

If I had to guess I would say there is either dirt in the connection or an O-ring is bad like has been mentioned before.

Try to do some trouble shooting and see if you can isolate which fitting is actually causing the problem. It will make it easier to find the dirt, nick or whatever the problem is.

Hey, /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ A repair question unanswered!!! #7  
I don't have anything that uses a quick disconnect on the hoses. I don't have any hoses.......no loader yet. So I guess I couldn't have helped out at all. All I could think of would have been dirt.

/ A repair question unanswered!!! #8  
I hope you have a better day tomorrow Kent.

Sincerely,
Dave

/ A repair question unanswered!!! #9  
I have seen some posts go completely un-answered. Get a couple of new connectors a quart of hyralic fluid and a few valiums and everything should be OK
Bartman

/ A repair question unanswered!!! #10  
steelfan
It sounds like others have had a bad hair day to.
vin