northern tool = harbor freight

/ northern tool = harbor freight #11  
We do not have either store in my area but I do like NT's catalog better :) Good to leave in the bathroom.

/ northern tool = harbor freight
bout' the only difference in a NT catalog to a HF sales flier is that the prices are about 30%+ higher and the paper is glossy, and there is no 20% off coupon in a northern catalog :)

soundguy

/ northern tool = harbor freight #13  
Cheap is cheap. I have a few HF air tools and they have held up ok. Drill bits are throw aways. If I need something that is inherently dangerous, I don't buy from these guys, although NT does have some name brand stuff. I have bought a few HF chains and they have held up fine.

/ northern tool = harbor freight #14  
...you must not look very hard....

Like I said...I have never seen a name brand tool in the local HF store that I have been in...

...Also I just spent about 10 minutes looking at their web site and I could not find any of the name brands you cited...Not saying some stores don't have them but again I have yet to see the first one...

...why apy more so you can say you bought it at NT??...
I don't know why anyone would do this...when I shop I go for the best price for comparable items and that includes shipping costs...I rarely buy junk tools regardless so most of the times I have purchased anything from NT it is name brand items with free shipping...again junk is junk regardless of where you buy it...

I will say...one of the best things I have ever bought at HF is the electronic fly swatter...another item that has been worth the trip (to HF) is folding (plastic) saw horses...the clamps etc. I have bought there are the typical junk..

I have never been in a NT brick & mortar outlet and have only been in one HF store...

/ northern tool = harbor freight #15  
I saw a saying on this site one time
cheap no good
good no cheap:laughing:

/ northern tool = harbor freight #16  
If you remove everything from a Harbor Freight store that is made in China, all you have left is the echo.:laughing: If you do the same with Northern Tool, you have a few items left that are assembled in the U.S. from parts made in China.:rolleyes: I will say that NT has much nicer stores in our area. There's more room in the aisles and they carry more large stuff in stock than most HFs. I've never seen an HF with trailers and go-carts, but most NTs have both. I really like shopping in both stores.:)

/ northern tool = harbor freight #17  
A few years back, I brought a16 inch metal cutoff saw and a 240 in-lb electric impact wrench [Chicago brand], $50 & $35 at HF.
NT and Sears were 2 to 3 times as much for the same tools with different paint, same rpm, amps, Hp. Now if NT and Sears were offering something of better quality, even the big box stores are no better. So I go with the best price for the junk.

/ northern tool = harbor freight #18  
The last time I was in the NT store, they had a stack of ammo boxes for sale (hinged top with a handle). The sign identified them as a "Man's Purse" :laughing::thumbsup:

/ northern tool = harbor freight #19  
When Northern Hydr. became Northern Tool they stopped shipping via the post office and we have no ups or fedex so hopefully HF will keep using the us mail as well as surplus center, don't know what I would do without them!

/ northern tool = harbor freight
our local hf has mnini bikes.. no gokarts.. and 2 sizes of trailer.. a 4x8 and a 4x4 or similar. no real big trailers. there are small paddle boats too.

might be a regional thing..

soundguy