power steering problems. ford 4610

/ power steering problems. ford 4610 #1  

collard king

Tractor
ford 4610
Sometimes my steering has like a drag. Kind of a hard spot. Its in no certain spot. might be any turning left, right going in coming out? When my RPM's are up the problem isn't there as much.

My tractor is a ford 4610. I removed the fill cap, fuild level looks good. When my motor is running i can't see the fuild moving. I thought you cold see the fuild moving when the motors running. There is no signs of leaking or other wet spots around the unit.

Any help on this subject would be a great help! Would like to have some ideas where to start. Hate to replace parts that do not need replacing!

/ power steering problems. ford 4610 #2  
Have you checked the intake reservoir filter? i had no idea there was even one in there for the longest time. I had a similar problem on our 6610 so we just went ahead and changed the filters on both our 4610 and 6610 and it cleared up.

The reservoir comes off by just one bolt i believe and even thought it looks like it wont come off due to the lines being so close it will.

hope this helps.

/ power steering problems. ford 4610 #3  
ditto that. if the filter hasn't been serviced in a while.. it's the first thing I'd check..

soundguy

/ power steering problems. ford 4610
Thanks guys. Sound advice, will replace filter and going from there.

/ power steering problems. ford 4610 #5  
With my power steering problem on m y Ford 4610, sounds exactly like the same problem as what has been described. Where do I find the reservoir filter.

/ power steering problems. ford 4610 #6  
it is locate in the canister where you fill the powersteering with oil you have to remove the return line off of the back and then the bolt in the back and remove the canister and the filter will be right there

/ power steering problems. ford 4610 #7  
it is locate in the canister where you fill the powersteering with oil you have to remove the return line off of the back and then the bolt in the back and remove the canister and the filter will be right there

Thank you for the assistance as the problem has been solved. I appreciate this. I have another problem, diesel fuel leak from the top of the fuel pump. What could be the problem.

/ power steering problems. ford 4610 #8  
can you be any more specific? is it from a supply line.. from an injector line?

is it a rotary pump? is it from an inspection cover..e tc.. etc?

pics would help as well.

/ power steering problems. ford 4610 #9  
I tried starting this thread last year. Good advise late is better than none at all thanks guys!

/ power steering problems. ford 4610 #10  
Hello, I have a problem with a Ford 7610 tractor. Concern is that i have no direction the steering wheel turns but wheels can not move. but when I raised the machine forward (to put two wheels in the air) the wheel turns but no lock on sreering wheel, please help me thank you