belarus 250AS brakes

/ belarus 250AS brakes #1  

poorfolk

Tractor
Belarus 250AS
I need help with adjustment procedure for the band brakes. I have located the adjustment bolt under the brake cover but also noticed three other adjustment bolts externaly. I cant figure out what I need to adjust. I have tried just the outer three but its either to much or not enough brake. Any Ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

• Brake adjustment.JPG
    Brake adjustment.JPG
    649.6 KB · Views: 4,174
  • Brake adjustment 2.JPG
    Brake adjustment 2.JPG
    630.1 KB · Views: 2,160
  • Brake adjustment 3.JPG
    Brake adjustment 3.JPG
    670.6 KB · Views: 2,697
   / belarus 250AS brakes #2  
In the first picture to the left, the small nut is the locking nut, the large nut is the adjusting rod nut. The nut on the out side is the "pressure" nut. .(according to the manual) I have not adjusted the brakes on mine yet. I was able to buy new brake bands on e-bay for less than $40.00 and the guy through in the little spring clips.

Good Luck :D

/ belarus 250AS brakes
Can you help me figure out how to remove the band break pads. I have got down to the end of the band but it want pull out. Do you have to remove the break housing? I cant figure it out

Thanks

/ belarus 250AS brakes #4  
You need a puller, it looks like a a sink tap puller. IT fits around the pin and presses against the housing body, pulls the bands out.

/ belarus 250AS brakes
Hey Nike, I got the brake bands out but now realize that the drums need replacing also the seals on the shaft. looks like it got real hot. Do you know where I can get the drums. I got the brake bands from parts for belarus.com they were 68 buks a piece.

/ belarus 250AS brakes #6  
I have figured out that know one knows how to adjust the brake bands on a Belarus 250 SA including the factory as the repair manual doesn't tell and I have asked every mechanic I know and I still have NO brakes on my tractor. Thanks

/ belarus 250AS brakes #7  
I found this post else where on google, hope it helps

Greeting! I've was changing brakes on vtz T25(same tractor as belarus 250).It's 95% chance that You don't have to change them You just have to adjust.Brakes are in rear differential housing and if You want to change them You have to take entire housing apart from gearbox.It is a whole day job per brake if You doing it for first time.These belt brakes dont brake as well as drum or disc brakes but they do their job.To adjust unscrew 4 screws on top cover(5*15cm) on each side differential housing.In there there are two nuts,unscrew them.Under them is one biger for adjusting,tight it.There are also 3 setscrews outside housing for adjusting when brake is not hit.screw them to the end and than unscrew them for 2 turns.That should be it!
I also just found this too,
The tractor has internal band brakes,to adjust them there is a little half moon cover on each side of the rear housing that you access from the back of the tractor.There are 4 bolts you remove and take thes covers off.You will then see the band with 2 nuts on it ,one is the locking nut.Loosen the first not and tighten the inner nut until your adjustment comes up to where you have an inch or two of play in your pedals.Tigthen your locknut back up and reinstall the covers.
Don't know which you have but if you look at your repair manual and this maybe something will seem the same.
Good luck . . .John

Last edited: