Got my first Rim Guard FLAT

/ Got my first Rim Guard FLAT #21  
If you think it smelled bad, make sure you keep your mouth shut when removing the pencil you inserted in a broken valve stem.... Don't ask, just trust me.

/ Got my first Rim Guard FLAT #22  
I just filled my rear tires abouit a month ago, using -20 below WWF. It doesn't really get that cold here. The tire size was 8.3 x 16. It took about 9 gallons for each tire. Pete :cool:

/ Got my first Rim Guard FLAT #24  
One of my two International loadstars started life as a firetruck. They gave it to the town who removed the water pump and put a 2500 gallon poly tank to spray calcium on the dirt roads. After using the truck for one summers they switched to a equiment trailer to pull the poly tank. They said the truck was in great shape when they got it, just 35 years old. After one summer of use everything steel on the back of the truck looked like it was about to fall off and everything aluminum was all but gone due to corrosion. The stuff is nasty.

/ Got my first Rim Guard FLAT #25  
Well maybe I should get rid of the calcium in my tires and use Washer fluid. Im suprised Calcium is the cheapest stuff to use. Plus it never get more than 10 below where Im at. I got tubes in my tires though.

/ Got my first Rim Guard FLAT
I'm amazed the stuff was ever used in tires. After seeing the rims that were subjected to it and what it does to concrete with rebar in it, I wouldn't touch it.

/ Got my first Rim Guard FLAT #27  
the trick is keeping it inside the rubber tubes.. if it leaks.. clean up immediatly..

it's no surprise since it is so cheap and easy to DIY.. farmers like to pinch a penny ya know!

soundguy

/ Got my first Rim Guard FLAT #28  
Our state snow removal crew dumped a partial load of calcium choride on the shoulder of our county road last winter. Killed all the trees and vegetation in a 20 foot circle. The road crew finally removed all the visible salt this summer but the soil is clearly contaminated for a long time. The deer now congregate over the area at night. It has turned into a mighty salt lick.
Calcium Chloride does not a salt lick make. NaCl is the salt needed, along with a very little KCl.
larry

/ Got my first Rim Guard FLAT #29  
Well maybe I should get rid of the calcium in my tires and use Washer fluid. Im suprised Calcium is the cheapest stuff to use. Plus it never get more than 10 below where Im at. I got tubes in my tires though.
CaCL is inexpensive and heavy, topping 11#/G easily. Beet juice can come close at several X the $. WW fluid will give only 70% of the weight.
larry

/ Got my first Rim Guard FLAT #30  
According to the rim guard website my tires hold 69 gallons of liquid. Mine got Calcium in them. Holy smokes!!! No wonder my tractor is so heavy!! Too heavy. I wonder if I can drain my tires down to only half full? I got a FEL but I dont think I need 1500 lbs of ballast! Plus my rims got thick cast iron centers.