Waterpump!!

/ Waterpump!! #1  

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4000 sold now a 2015 5075E
I replaced the waterpump on my 71 JD 4000 today and everything looks great till I put the pulley and fan on.
The pulley is rubbing the bottom of the waterpump:mad:.
I can still turn the fan/pulley but its in a bind.
I thought about grinding a small notch on the pump for the pulley to clear!! HAha
Anybody got any ideas other than trying another pump??

/ Waterpump!! #2  
Can you flip the pulley over????

/ Waterpump!!
No its a deep bowl pulley. If I put spacers behind it, it would throw the belt out of alignment!! Fan would be closer to the radiator also.:confused2:

DAVID,

/ Waterpump!! #4  
So, what you are saying is the pump is not the same as the old one. Correct? I think you have to get the right pump or a different pulley.

/ Waterpump!! #5  
Your idea of grinding a notch might work if it is not too much material.It depends on being able to find the proper pump, or changing to another type pulley. I see you said deep dish type. Fan clearance is critical as the radiator might move or flex when the frame is in stress..just .02 worth..jy.

/ Waterpump!!
So, what you are saying is the pump is not the same as the old one. Correct? I think you have to get the right pump or a different pulley.

Everything about the pump is the same except, the clearance issue with the pulley.
I called the parts dealer today and he needs the ## off the old pump.
I feel like the new pump is correct but the shaft length is off for some reason!!!

DAVID,