Help with electrical connection for 12 v winch

/ Help with electrical connection for 12 v winch #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
I have set up a 12 volt winch to run the rotation on the chute of my snow blower.

It works fine in the shop but I need to figure out how to power it on the tractor.

I can bring 8 or 10 gauge wire directly from the battery to inside the cab but I am looking for a simple and inexpensive plug-in connection (male and female) so I can plug in and unplug the winch controls easily when I put on and remove the snow blower.

I've been searching the web without success. I am guessing someone on this site has done something like this and might point me in the right direction.

I have gone to a couple of auto parts stores locally where they start talking about in-line fuses, heavy duty specialty connectors etc and they are scaring $80 to $100 by the time they are finished. I think it should be simpler and easier and cheaper.

Any advice appreciated.

Bob

/ Help with electrical connection for 12 v winch #2  

Attachments

• reverse1.gif
    reverse1.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 142
   / Help with electrical connection for 12 v winch #4  
I remember someone saying they went to NAPA and got battery connectors for a winch.

/ Help with electrical connection for 12 v winch
Thanks guys

I already have the control for the winch but it looks like the forklift connectors would do the connecting job.

Will also check local NAPA store.
Bob

/ Help with electrical connection for 12 v winch #6  
CAT DRIVER has it right!

/ Help with electrical connection for 12 v winch #7  
Yes, Catdriver. You need devices rated to carry large currents, 200-400 amps.

/ Help with electrical connection for 12 v winch #8  
Thanks guys

I already have the control for the winch but it looks like the forklift connectors would do the connecting job.

Will also check local NAPA store.
Bob

Sorry Bob...I misunderstood your question. Search for "Anderson Connectors"

/ Help with electrical connection for 12 v winch #9  
Believe you should have #6 gauge for a winch.

/ Help with electrical connection for 12 v winch #10  
Have you looked at welding cable conectors. When I worked at the mine, they had welding cable conectors that locked together with a 1/4 turn, so they wouldn't pull apart.
Dave