Branson 3510i wont keep running

/ Branson 3510i wont keep running #1  

swigginton

Tractor
1939 Ford 9n, 2003 Branson 3510i
I was driving my 2003 Branson 3510i one block down the road to my uncles in highest road gear and when I turned into the driveway there was a dip and immediately after the engine started to lose power and stopped and shutoff. It would crank and fire but then run down and shutoff. I topped off the tank but it only needed 2 gallons and yet it is still shutting down.

Any thoughts/suggestions? I was supposed to be pulling a hay wagon at our Harvest festival tomorrow, though as a backup I can use the old 9N (but will have to rig something up since I have no headlights).

Thanks,

Scott

/ Branson 3510i wont keep running #2  
You may have sloshed crud in the bottom of the tank into the fuel pick up. Do you have a clear bulb where the fuel is going into? Check that to see if it is full of fuel or not.

/ Branson 3510i wont keep running #3  
Not knowing what a Brandson 3510i is I can only guess, that you shook a wire lose, when you went through the dip.
Dave

/ Branson 3510i wont keep running
So to answer my own question, the fuel pump had started to slide loose and crimped the line heading into the fuel filter. Why they had the fuel line making a near 90deg bend without an elbow is besides me.

The bracket around the pump was completely tightened and still left play so at a friend's suggestion I put one wrap of rubber electrical tape around the pump which allows compression so it won't work its way free due to vibration. I also replaced the fuel line with a longer one and made a loop so there wouldn't be a risk of crimping even if the fuel pump comes loose again.