Kubota L3430

/ Kubota L3430 #1  

Lawnboy24

Tractor
2004 Kubota L3430
60amp alternator is seized up and in need of replacement, from the dealer i am looking at $605 + tax, there is a rebuild guy but im missing the sticker/badge off the alternator so i cannot find the part number. it is a Nippondenso, if anyone has one with a number or knows of a 60amp replacement for cheaper i would appreciate any info! thanks.

/ Kubota L3430 #2  
My experience with "good" rebuild guys is that they do not need any number to rebuild it.

I have a close friend here that specializes in starters and alternators and some are very old and abused and he seldom tells anyone he cannot rebuild it if there is no numbers visible.

Maybe check with another rebuilder...

Or, maybe someone may come along and offer a cheaper replacement

/ Kubota L3430 #3  
Also

Go to Messicks DOT com

Look under Kubota

then Kubota Parts Home

and fill in the info on the right on model

choose ELECTRICAL for the schematics you want them to email to you and in about 5 minutes you will get them emailed to you in PDF format

There are part numbers shown for the 60A alternator

I do not know for sure if they are actual Kubota part numbers, but I think they are

Then your rebuilder or other source could rebuild it or cross it to another brand

hint: either # 3A611-74010 which is relaced by # 3A611-74012

and if you google either number, you get quite a few hits

/ Kubota L3430 #4  
I just purchased a new starter for my L2900 from Rare Electrical found on Ebay or Welcome to Rare Electrical. The Kubota dealer wanted $625. I got one new for $89. Pretty amazing. Works great.

/ Kubota L3430 #5  
if will post your location i will let you know the rebuilders in your area. they will be able to tell you if it can be rebuilt or can find a replacement unit and it will not ne 600.00 plus.

mitch becton