engine will not turn over

/ engine will not turn over #11  
if some is sticking out the shaft u might beable to get it out with a chisle if not u need to get a left handed drill bit and drill it out to as then as possible with out getting into the threads and use an ease out

/ engine will not turn over #12  
Remember to cover the exhaust pipe with flapper valve or can or park indoors.

/ engine will not turn over #13  
Yep, you guy's hit it right on the head, water in the cylinders. I pulled the glo plugs flushed the cylinders with diesel, and it started right up. Thanks so much for the good advice. Now I have to get the twisted bolt out of the bottom pully. Any good suggestions on doing that. I guess a puller would remove the pully if the head is off the bolt. MW

Cool on getting her started.:) if you don't have a flapper or bend tip on our exhaust pipe then you can always use an inverted can of vegetable or something to cover up the pipe. Of course you need to open up the can and eat the stuff inside:D. On the crank shaft pulley, did you completely shear off the head of the bolt? if so then you can drill a small hole in the center of bolt shaft, use a 3 prong puller and pull the pulley off. Then you can use a locking Visegrip and to pull the rest of the bolt out. If the head is not sheared off, then you need to drill a pilot hole in the center of the bolt,n drill with a bigger dia to get an extraction tool "easy out" which has a left handed thread to pull the remainder off. Do be careful so you will not the damage the thread of the end of the crankshaft.

JC,

/ engine will not turn over
Right, I did twist the head off the bolt. That was my thinking, pull the pully off then remove the exposed bolt. My exhaust pipe does have a flapper on it. As a precaution I now have a cover on the exhaust. Thanks guy's!! MW

/ engine will not turn over #15  
i was kinda figuring it had water in it...

time for a flap cap or coffee can.. and to check cooling system to make sure it was not coolant / head gasket.. etc..

for the broke bolt...if you have room, use a punch and prick it in the center, then use a smal left hand bit and start drilling it out.. keep moving up in size.. sometimes lefty's will unscrew the bolt.. otherwise drill it up till it is thin and then extraxt with a spiral or fluted extractor and / or crush it in anfter drilling thin, then chase the threads.

BTDT with about 100 bolts and studs on this last tractor I just refurbed... ;)

soundguy

/ engine will not turn over #16  
Bolt.
sometimes when it breaks the load is off the threads and they can be caressed out. I have used a small chisel and screwdrivers; if the break left a ridge and tap it out going ccw. if it moves then you may not need a left handed drill bit. I often use standard easy outs too.