6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ?

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #1  

bcarwell

Gold Member
Tractor
Kabota 7500DT
Hi folks, I got a TSC 25 gallon sprayer on sale and didn't realize it has a 12 VDC pump and my Gator electrical system is 6 VDC. Any suggestions how to make my sprayer pump work off the Gator system ? Or any suggestions on a replacement 6 VDC pump- model and source ? Tnx.

Bob

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #2  
Hi folks, I got a TSC 25 gallon sprayer on sale and didn't realize it has a 12 VDC pump and my Gator electrical system is 6 VDC. Any suggestions how to make my sprayer pump work off the Gator system ? Or any suggestions on a replacement 6 VDC pump- model and source ? Tnx.

Bob

I thought the gator's with the exception of the toy ones were all 12volt ... one just keeps finding out.

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #3  
You could pick up a 6 volt golf cart battery and wire it in series with the existing battery to power the pump. You'd need to charge it with a battery charger when it runs low.

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #4  
I thought the gator's with the exception of the toy ones were all 12volt ... one just keeps finding out.

I thought so also? Curious what model and how old this Gator is.

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #5  
You could pick up a 6 volt golf cart battery and wire it in series with the existing battery to power the pump. You'd need to charge it with a battery charger when it runs low.

Well the sprayer is 12volt so he could just carry a 12 volt battery in the bed of the gator and recharge that when needed.

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #7  
Convert the Gator to 12v.

Buy a 2nd pump and run them in series at 6v apiece.

Buy a 6v pump.

Buy an up-converter to produce 12v from 6v.

Buy a new Gator.

6v battery is best idea. Charge it very few years.

/ 6 Volt Gator, 12 volt TSC spray pump ? #9  
Well the sprayer is 12volt so he could just carry a 12 volt battery in the bed of the gator and recharge that when needed.

That would work, but the extra 6v battery would give you more run time between charges.