step for B7800 Kubota

/ step for B7800 Kubota #1  

logan97

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 4/wd
I would like to put a step on my B7800 Kubota (has to be customized)they did not make one for the B7800 although they are available for the L2800 B3300/B3200 new they are around $50 plus S&H is there another source used maybe someone could recommend? Thanks

/ step for B7800 Kubota #2  
Do you have the means to make one?

1/4" or 3/8" x 1" or 2" flat stock,could bend in strong vice but heated will do better job,bend opening more than enough for snow boot,top bend end in drill holes attach to floor...or

Step on Steiner Tractor Parts

/ step for B7800 Kubota
Do you have the means to make one?

1/4" or 3/8" x 1" or 2" flat stock,could bend in strong vice but heated will do better job,bend opening more than enough for snow boot,top bend end in drill holes attach to floor...or

Never thought of it. Would a plumber's torch work. How hard is that 1/4 " flat stock to drill ?

/ step for B7800 Kubota #4  
I dont think the plumbers torch will work, you need an oxy-ace torch, to get it hot.. you might be able to bend it, if you are very stout and very quick by heating it with the propane/air torch, but I kinda doubt it.. maybe the 1/4 but not the 3/8. mild steel is not hard to drill at all. It will bend like taffey if you heat it to cherry red with an oxy-ace torch. Another thing you can do is not bend a large piece, but if you have a welder you can weld together 3 pieces. Thats fast and easy if you dont have the torch. I would think even 1/8 2 inches wide wide be thick enough. might be able to bend that with propane torch with several tries. good luck
James K0UA

/ step for B7800 Kubota #6  
Here is the one I made. It does take some welding, easy and cheap. As you can see it has a brace going back to the frame. And I like it!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• B7800_5a.jpg
    B7800_5a.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 473
   / step for B7800 Kubota #7  
Now there you go.. I like the looks of that one way more than any U shaped piece of bent up strap. Get a welder! you will not regret it.
James K0UA